Login

Compressor needs a Hold button

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Compressor needs a Hold button

Postby brp » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:43 pm

hi there

as meny of us, im a satisfied nebula compressor customer ;)

but there could be big improovement with simple trick:

as most compressors are devided in programs for each ratio, its quite hard to find the right ratio unless you know exactly how much you need!

so my idea is to make a "hold" -mode where the faderpositions dont reset after loading a new program.. that would you give the possibility to change the ratio of a compressor without loosing the other parameters every time!

what think you about this idea?

cheers pascal
brp
User Level IX
User Level IX

Re: Compressor needs a Hold button

Postby vicnestE » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:21 pm

Interesting but consider the numeric input haven't be implemented for a long time or not even in the to-be-included feature.

Input exact number is less painful than dragging the slider to excat number (e.g. 1.99dB or 2.01dB; sometimes it's hard to hit 2.00dB), but the HOLD button is way cooler and pretty useful for the growing Nebula compressors programs.
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby brp » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:26 pm

i hope G is seeing the need for such a function. the nummeric input is nice to have, but somehow not so important.. but a hold function would compressors make much more easy to handle!

for the first it would be enough for me to get a parameter in the xml-file which causes just not to reset the faders after a programload! thats may not so much work to implement??

@Giancarlo
please feel free to move this topic somewhere else as its not 3thpty stuff.. i just thaught i write it here where all the compressor guys are :D
brp
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby brp » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:42 am

i started this topic in the feature request forum now, where i explain more precise how this function should work..
brp
User Level IX
User Level IX

Return to 3rd party libraries