Login

AlexB - Modern White Dynamics PRO

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB - Modern White Dynamics PRO

Postby RJHollins » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:44 am

demos ... demos ... demos ...

I don't know ... either there are 'pre-mix' audio demos, OR the is an actual 'sample' module library of the hardware [sometimes in a reduce kernal design].
Then again ... maybe a Single band ... BUT ...what
could a demo of a console INPUT be ??? HOW would a
developer provide a demo [free], with just enough to
audition, AND still give the incentive to purchase??
Every piece of gear is different! There is no way
to 'time-limit', or 'cripple' till purchase ?!?!?
Nebula is only similar to a sampled instrument library. So 'demos' from places like EAST-WEST [etc] provide audio samples ... For ME ... the audio samples only HINT at the library. NOTHING replaces working with sounds that I'm familiar with ... that I can modify with what ever library I'm checking out.

I have no answer. I understand the difficulty from both the dev AND the customer side.

I probably find it a bit easier to know what to purchase, having come from the old analogue/hardware world. I've worked with much of this equipment, so I'm confident in the purchase.

Again ... no solution from me. just my 1/2 cnt.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby cps418 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:57 am

richie43 wrote:
cps418 wrote:I'm just looking for the logic in the choice not to offer demos. Does it do bad, I know it does good. And for the person that said he has worked with the 4000 mixer, god bless you, but I have not so I can not imagine off the top of my head how this, or that mixer will sound with this gear, or that plug in. It's our unprecedented support and having "no attitudes" towards
our merchants, that deserves their tiny demo link support. Demo link! For true returning customers. It works both ways.

No one said it was logical cps418. I am just trying to get you to understand that it is each developers choice to offer them or not and each consumers choice to buy from them or not. But it is not helping by complaining and making demands. I will say it for at least the third time; I understand the whole reasoning for wanting to try something first. Really, I do. But if a developer doesn't want to offer a demo, either buy from them anyway or not. It's not their responsibility to give us free demos. It may feel like a perk to some, but they don't owe us anything more than a good quality product at a good price. Other than that, it's a matter of choice for a business and it's potential customers. I am one of the customers who tried some of the earlier demos from multiple developers and have learned which companies that I am comfortable buying from with no demos. The companies I am not comfortable buying from "blindly" I just don't buy from them. And miraculously all of these devs, even the one's I don't buy from as much anymore, are still happily in business. Are we good now?
Yes, we are good. I was not angry,it was a good debate, all in good fun.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby darren » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:07 pm

I am interested to know if all these compression libraries will, at some point, become even better due to improvements in the Nebula engine?
Or is it the case that when these improvements happen to allow Nebula to behave as a compressor in a more total way, that libraries will need to be updated to take advantage of these improvements..

Or, is it that totally new libraries will have to be created which will mean we have to buy more compressors and, in effect, turn todays libraries in obsolete ones?

Cheers
darren
User Level X
User Level X

Postby richie43 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:40 pm

darren wrote:Or, is it that totally new libraries will have to be created which will mean we have to buy more compressors and, in effect, turn todays libraries in obsolete ones?

Cheers

As has been alluded to by someone else, these libraries will never be obsolete if they are redeveloped because they are what they are and have a certain character as they are. At least you don't have to change the capacitors, deal with power surges, or have a hardware melt-down which could render a piece trashed. I still think that the good libraries are always a smart buy, even if they are re-worked and updated. Besides, if the updated version is the same but updated, most devs will offer the update for free to the existing owners.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby futur2 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:20 pm

richie43 wrote:
darren wrote:Or, is it that totally new libraries will have to be created which will mean we have to buy more compressors and, in effect, turn todays libraries in obsolete ones?

Cheers

Besides, if the updated version is the same but updated, most devs will offer the update for free to the existing owners.

exactly. alex updated his consoles many times and always for free!
futur2

Postby darren » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:00 pm

So what, in your opinion, do you feel are the weaknesses in the current generation of compressor libraries and do you think this is a limitation of the engine or of the library itself?

Put slightly differently, what characteristics do you think need to be enhanced in future?
darren
User Level X
User Level X

Postby AlexB » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:08 pm

I haven't the time to read all these posts BUT PLEASE: STAY IN TOPIC ! If you want, open a new 3D for demo request.
I would like but I can't give a demo for comp. because there isn't a demo ! Demo = limited functionality. It is not possible at the moment iin Nebula, and again: people never will be happy with the demo and always ask for more. So: end of the story !
Stay in topic or open a new topic, thanks!
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:11 pm

Sorry Alex. Just trying to help....
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby cps418 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:29 pm

AlexB wrote:I haven't the time to read all these posts BUT PLEASE: STAY IN TOPIC ! If you want, open a new 3D for demo request.
I would like but I can't give a demo for comp. because there isn't a demo ! Demo = limited functionality. It is not possible at the moment iin Nebula, and again: people never will be happy with the demo and always ask for more. So: end of the story !
I am not asking to release a demo. Me, and a few of the guys were just having a fun debate. Thats all.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby darren » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:29 am

AlexB wrote:I haven't the time to read all these posts BUT PLEASE: STAY IN TOPIC ! If you want, open a new 3D for demo request.

What was the topic again please? ;)
darren
User Level X
User Level X

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries