Login

AlexB - Modern White Dynamics PRO

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB - Modern White Dynamics PRO

Postby richie43 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:09 pm

Thanks dacaveprods. I had a feeling that I was not completely alone in these sentiments. I DO, though, totally understand the want of demos. I just don't argue when a trustworthy, fair, and talented dev decides not to offer any. Thanks for admitting that you agree with what I have a feeling may be a less popular view-point!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby cps418 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:15 pm

richie43 wrote:Thanks dacaveprods. I had a feeling that I was not completely alone in these sentiments. I DO, though, totally understand the want of demos. I just don't argue when a trustworthy, fair, and talented dev decides not to offer any. Thanks for admitting that you agree with what I have a feeling may be a less popular view-point!
The word is not "trustworthy", it is "preference". Do I prefer this comp. over that comp. The next word "fair". I think many of us have been fair when buy all types of presets that we later realize are not what we thought. Do we complain, or ask for a compensation, no. "Talented". I think we show our love of the talent with, "support". I search the web a lot and never do I see any signs of nebula torrents or presets. So, it works both ways we love the prices, and the quality, but please, let us "try before we buy". p.s. $20.00 is nothing, but I do not want to roll the dice with it.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby dpclarkson » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:29 pm

So far, every library that I have bought, gets
it's use. Some more than others.
Sometimes I prefer the Fearn for a certain
source or mix, sometimes I never use that eq.
It's indeed about preference and solutions.
I have to see a seasoned mix engineer who's using
one type of eq and one type of compressor
for everything, in any given genre.
dpclarkson

Postby cps418 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:44 pm

dpclarkson wrote:So far, every library that I have bought, gets
it's use. Some more than others.
Sometimes I prefer the Fearn for a certain
source or mix, sometimes I never use that eq.
It's indeed about preference and solutions.
I have to see a seasoned mix engineer who's using
one type of eq and one type of compressor
for everything, in any given genre.
I do nt know if that's at me, but I use several comps. as well. What I am saying is the demo gives a pre process of elimination without having to roll the dice with 20 bucks to know if this comp fits with me. By the way I do not use plenty of presets that I bought. I'm not a sore loser, I demoed them, I liked them, I bought them. Two months later I bought another preset that did wodners for my mix, and I stopped using the first one I bought. No hard feelings
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby dpclarkson » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:30 pm

What I am saying is the demo gives a pre process of elimination without having to roll the dice with 20 bucks to know if this comp fits with me.

No offence, but if a dev would release an 1176, correct fast attack times, and even distortion (microkernels/ahd?), than I wouldn't
have to think twice.
When Alex released the 4KD, I bought it, even though I was fully
aware that compression in Nebula is still in development.
Having worked with 4000-series consoles, I know what I can expect.
The sound is about dead-on, but some things need time and development.
Mind you, that there's only a handful of people working on this technology. That takes time.
It's up to us to choose, wether we want to be beta-testers and having a great sound, or not.
It's their unprecedented support and having "no attitudes" towards
their clients, that deserves our tiny financial support.
A simple choice.
dpclarkson

Postby richie43 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:21 am

Listen cps418. As I said, I understand wanting the demo, truly. But don't expect one. The decision to offer a free-to-consumer version of a product is completely up to the developer. And these "free" products not only cost the dev time and money, they invariably cause more trouble than it's worth for them when people want more demos with different settings etc. The bottom line is that if they are ok with losing 1 or 2 customers for their decision to not offer demos, that's their deal and the unhappy people don't have to buy their stuff. Every business makes their own choices and every consumer has the choice to patronize a business or not. But my main point is that it's not necessary or productive to get upset at the devs about it because it certainly won't urge them any closer to giving you what you want, which is essentially a free sample. I would LOVE to have a chance to demo every library out there, but I can't, it's ok, I buy some anyway and pass on others.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:23 am

dpclarkson wrote:It's their unprecedented support and having "no attitudes" towards
A simple choice.

Oh yeah. And what dpclarkson said.^^^
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby cps418 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:41 am

richie43 wrote:
dpclarkson wrote:It's their unprecedented support and having "no attitudes" towards
A simple choice.

Oh yeah. And what dpclarkson said.^^^
I'm just looking for the logic in the choice not to offer demos. Does it do bad, I know it does good. And for the person that said he has worked with the 4000 mixer, god bless you, but I have not so I can not imagine off the top of my head how this, or that mixer will sound with this gear, or that plug in. It's our unprecedented support and having "no attitudes" towards
our merchants, that deserves their tiny demo link support. Demo link! For true returning customers. It works both ways.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Mimi » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:43 am

Hi AlexB , Hi for all...Well, my question is: what configuration of MAST / METERS, is recommended for compressor? (7 VU) or (8 TRUE RMS 17) ?
Is there a setting that you recommends Alex?
And I'm loving it, the evolutions of compressors, I am working very with compressors nebula.
Congratulations AlexB! And all developers. :mrgreen:
Mimi

Postby richie43 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:23 am

cps418 wrote:I'm just looking for the logic in the choice not to offer demos. Does it do bad, I know it does good. And for the person that said he has worked with the 4000 mixer, god bless you, but I have not so I can not imagine off the top of my head how this, or that mixer will sound with this gear, or that plug in. It's our unprecedented support and having "no attitudes" towards
our merchants, that deserves their tiny demo link support. Demo link! For true returning customers. It works both ways.

No one said it was logical cps418. I am just trying to get you to understand that it is each developers choice to offer them or not and each consumers choice to buy from them or not. But it is not helping by complaining and making demands. I will say it for at least the third time; I understand the whole reasoning for wanting to try something first. Really, I do. But if a developer doesn't want to offer a demo, either buy from them anyway or not. It's not their responsibility to give us free demos. It may feel like a perk to some, but they don't owe us anything more than a good quality product at a good price. Other than that, it's a matter of choice for a business and it's potential customers. I am one of the customers who tried some of the earlier demos from multiple developers and have learned which companies that I am comfortable buying from with no demos. The companies I am not comfortable buying from "blindly" I just don't buy from them. And miraculously all of these devs, even the one's I don't buy from as much anymore, are still happily in business. Are we good now?
richie43
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries