Login

AlexB - Modern White Dynamics PRO

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB - Modern White Dynamics PRO

Postby cps418 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:04 pm

AlexB wrote:I have bought from East West the very CRAP piano libraries without the possibility to try a demo and without the possibility to resell this crap library (shitty policy)
400 euro (EW) vs 20 euro (Nebula librariy developers)... A little difference :lol:

I'm not asking you to make the wrong move... You know thats enough fighting for this weekend. To many releases bring to many opinions brings to much fighting.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby AlexB » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:21 am

cps418 wrote:I'm not asking you to make the wrong move... You know thats enough fighting for this weekend. To many releases bring to many opinions brings to much fighting.

To many releases ? Fighting ? Why ?
I'm lost something... :?: :shock:
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby Barendse » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:28 am

AlexB wrote:
cps418 wrote:I'm not asking you to make the wrong move... You know thats enough fighting for this weekend. To many releases bring to many opinions brings to much fighting.

+1
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cps418 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:48 am

Barendse wrote:
AlexB wrote:

+1
Do not be lost. I was speaking of this past weekend, which brought in a lot of releases, and there had been a lot of touchy topics in some of the posts. I found myself being targeted over a zodiac compressor question. Alex you were also in a few. daw vs. daw modern white vs.this, null testing. So, I was speaking not of blowout fighting, just touchy topics the entire community was was going through.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby fuseburn » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:06 pm

I think there's no way around a demo. As loyal and supportive as the people may be here: Buying blindly isn't for everybody. Why should it, anyway ?
I bought a lot of libraries and I went through all sorts of exceeded expectation and disappointments (not only with Alex's libraries, obviously), even if there were demos available.
Not having console demos available sucks already, but I can see the point in that. But devices like EQs and compressors, which might show a totally different behaviour with varying parameters, are a different story.

Who claimed that nebula was cheap btw. ? :D
I can't be the only one in here who spent more than 600 bucks on libraries, no ? These amounts are VERY QUICKLY adding up, guys :lol:
fuseburn
User Level X
User Level X

Postby ngarjuna » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:23 pm

fuseburn wrote:Who claimed that nebula was cheap btw. ? :D
I can't be the only one in here who spent more than 600 bucks on libraries, no ? These amounts are VERY QUICKLY adding up, guys :lol:

I'm sure what people mean when they say Nebula is cheap is that you get a lot for your money. It's just that to get the same amount of diversity in any other platform (let's say UAD or Waves) would cost you significantly more, easily more than twice as much (and you'd still have less diversity when it was all said and done). $600 for a bunch of libraries is still a bargain compared to many other commercial emulations.

But yeah, you're not the only one: if you added up all my libraries I've made a decent investment in this platform.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby dpclarkson » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:12 pm

But yeah, you're not the only one: if you added up all my libraries I've made a decent investment in this platform.

+1.
And, so what?
Or invest in the Waves Mercury Bundle..and still have nothing. ;)
dpclarkson

Postby faun2500 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:35 pm

Actually. the only reason I haven't bought this yet is because I don't know if i need it. I.e, if it is different to what I have or useful to me. A demo might answer these questions.

Everything I have bought from neb is quality, no doubt, but the questions could be answered with a usable demo.

Just my thoughts. :P
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:29 pm

I'm going to be the "stick in the mud" on this one and support the devs and their lack of demos. I LIKE the idea of demos, but am ok with not having any. To me, the thing to look at is the comparison of Nebula libraries to their hardware counterparts and the functions. As already said, obviously the value of a Neb library (cost to use ratio) is so much more than hardware, right? And if you were running an all analog studio, I would bet that all of us Nebula users wouldn't have even a fraction of the flexibility that we have with our emulations. Would we even consider outfitting our studio with 5 or 6 high-end consoles, 10-15 compressors, 15-20 high-end eq's....? I bet that we wouldn't. So with the amount of flexibility we already have with our numerous libraries, and with the incredible price that we pay for what we have to work with, aren't more additions to our library collections really almost excessive? Is it necessary? Don't get me wrong, I will continue buying these great libraries, and there are so many. And I have a very meager income, so I too feel the financial squeeze with this love of the Nebula sound. But I also know that the cost is kept reasonable for us users by these devs who put a ton of time into their work. Is it fair to ask them to give stuff away for free, which also costs them more money? If they offer, awesome! But if they don't, I don't think it is necessary, productive, fair, or even nice and reasonable to hassle them about it. If they choose to not supply a demo, and you decide to not purchase their library because of that, and they are ok with that, then let it go. I, for one, always trust the main 3rd party devs and what they put out. I also participate in the mutual support with these devs by purchasing their stuff "blindly" and they in turn will usually also offer help and guidance with not only their libraries, but with deeper issues regarding using Nebula. I have gotten so many personal email responses from Michael Angel, Alex B, Eric, Giancarlo, Enrique, and the folks over at RoomHunters. These guys have educated me and given alot of their own time, for free, to help me, a singular user. That's pretty cool, and I certainly am not going to haggle with them because they may not want to invest more time and money into an already fairly priced product of the utmost high quality.
Rant is over. Cheers. Love the Nebula sound!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby dacaveprods » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:07 pm

@richie43:Well Said #SALUTE!!!
dacaveprods

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries