Login

AlexB - Modern White Dynamics PRO

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB - Modern White Dynamics PRO

Postby yr » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:44 am

vicnestE wrote:I made a quick sample for huge gain reduction.
Using a not so musical drumloop as starting point.
drum original.wav

MWD 3:1 ATT20ms, REL 100ms
Feedback program for -11dB GR
drum FB3-1 11GR.wav

Feedforward program for -15dB GR
drum FF3-1 15GR.wav

The result is quite amazing, although I don't do so much GR with MWD.

You might notice the weird sound in the first kick in the feedforward -15dB GR. It's due to abrupt huge gain reduction which could be avoided with GR around -10dB.

Basically nebula compressor is getting better IMHO.

Just wondering- did you use a limiter after the MWD?- the snare always hits exactly 0dBFS. I can't recreate that with any of the software compressors I have using your settings (including Nebula comps) unless I'm clipping the output.
Reuven | post-production & sound-design | scenography |
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby faun2500 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:57 am

Bloody hell! Where did this come from? :shock:
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby yr » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:05 pm

If you are referring to my question- it could be a simple/honest mistake (leaving a limiter on/clipping the output) or some confusion with the settings. I suggest you try it with your own software compressors (including Nebula) and tell me what you get.
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby kelu » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:21 pm

nice one alex,another happy customer :-)
kelu
User Level I
User Level I

Postby vicnestE » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:11 pm

yr wrote:If you are referring to my question- it could be a simple/honest mistake (leaving a limiter on/clipping the output) or some confusion with the settings. I suggest you try it with your own software compressors (including Nebula) and tell me what you get.

FYI
It just a quick and loud enough example to show the sound.

With so much GR, slow attack and Make up Gain, it's hard not to clipping the output.

So I'm aware of the clipping and if you know how to "protect" the output without clipper or brickwall limiter, you could tell me.
vicnestE
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby yr » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:22 pm

vicnestE wrote:
yr wrote:If you are referring to my question- it could be a simple/honest mistake (leaving a limiter on/clipping the output) or some confusion with the settings. I suggest you try it with your own software compressors (including Nebula) and tell me what you get.

FYI
It just a quick and loud enough example to show the sound.

With so much GR, slow attack and Make up Gain, it's hard not to clipping the output.

So I'm aware of the clipping and if you know how to "protect" the output without clipper or brickwall limiter, you could tell me.

Hi vicnestE -no, I don't think there is any other way given those settings, that's why I asked. I'm always happy with samples that demonstrate how presets sound, because it gives me the opportunity to compare it to what I know (or own). In this case, it was a bit confusing since anytime you intentionally or unintentionally clip transients after a compressor you are adding a new variable
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby faun2500 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:34 pm

No not your question.

I meant, WHERE THE BLOODY HELL DID THIS PROGRAM COME FROM!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

:)

I must of missed it before now. Will be buying soon. :ugeek:
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Mercado_Negro » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 pm

AlexB wrote:Current MWD with last Nebula release doesn't sound transparent.

Listen the audio demo ;)

Heh I'm trying the current MWD and you're right. It isn't so transparent now. It's curious though, the 2:1 program sounds very different now (it's much better than the last beta I tested), cool! 2:1 works more on low-mids while 3:1 preserves that area a bit more, very nice.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby sneaky » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:03 am

has anybody used the limiter as a real limiter?
Ive always tried and failed to have a nebula instance as the last in the chain, pumping the volume back up to commercial levels. Never worked before...
sneaky

Postby Linus » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:13 am

4KD + MWD = Paradiso :D
Gratzi AlexB Giovane Maestro Del Suono Nebula
Linus
User Level I
User Level I

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries