Login

Erics gearing up for a nebula 1176

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Erics gearing up for a nebula 1176

Postby Mplay » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:15 pm

In sidechain mode the compressor won't be triggered by the audio on channels 1 and 2, but by the audio on channels 3 and 4. The channels that are being processed are still channels 1 and 2.
Mplay
Member
Member
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:25 am
Location: Willemstad, Curaçao

Re: Erics gearing up for a nebula 1176

Postby meloco » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:03 am

Mplay wrote:In sidechain mode the compressor won't be triggered by the audio on channels 1 and 2, but by the audio on channels 3 and 4. The channels that are being processed are still channels 1 and 2.

Ah, I see. I though there might be something different in Nebula.
Thanks for the programs, would check them out!
meloco
User Level VII
User Level VII
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Erics gearing up for a nebula 1176

Postby notnow » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:48 am

Can anyone make an A/B Comparison to UAD 1176?
notnow
User Level 0
User Level 0
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:33 pm

Re: Erics gearing up for a nebula 1176

Postby cps418 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:42 pm

notnow wrote:Can anyone make an A/B Comparison to UAD 1176?
I think they are different.. Stripe, and uad version.. Not miles apart different, but different.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:52 pm

Re: Erics gearing up for a nebula 1176

Postby kungfujeezus » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:06 pm

Mplay wrote:In sidechain mode the compressor won't be triggered by the audio on channels 1 and 2, but by the audio on channels 3 and 4. The channels that are being processed are still channels 1 and 2.


I have not tried the sidechain yet, but I will use your programs today. Does this mean that I could create a duplicate of my audio on channels 1 and 2 in another host track, nudge it forward a few MS, and use that to trigger faster attack times through channels 3 & 4? Are people using this for faster attack in Nebula?
kungfujeezus
User Level I
User Level I
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:16 am

Re: Erics gearing up for a nebula 1176

Postby Mplay » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:36 pm

Yes, that's exactly what I've been doing, although if you use reaper you don't need to create extra tracks. I just put the js time/delay before Nebula and use the internal routing of the effect to send channels 1/2 to 3/4 (Don't forget to activate the extra channels in the i/o menu). Same goes for ReaEQ when adding a high pass filter on the sidechain (Thanks to Mercado for pointing this out).
Mplay
Member
Member
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:25 am
Location: Willemstad, Curaçao

Re: Erics gearing up for a nebula 1176

Postby Raynorshyn » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:13 am

Mplay wrote:Yes, that's exactly what I've been doing, although if you use reaper you don't need to create extra tracks. I just put the js time/delay before Nebula and use the internal routing of the effect to send channels 1/2 to 3/4 (Don't forget to activate the extra channels in the i/o menu). Same goes for ReaEQ when adding a high pass filter on the sidechain (Thanks to Mercado for pointing this out).


Mplay, how many ms are you sliding the detector track (or rather, setting the delay to) to get a response you like on drums?
I was finding a range of 4 to 10ms sounding ok in Cubase but it was such a busy drum track I'm not sure if I'm hearing things right.

Stripe All In Fast on a send :!:
Raynorshyn
User Level III
User Level III
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:15 am

Re: Erics gearing up for a nebula 1176

Postby Mplay » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:00 am

I've only had time to test the Strip76 on some 808 kick drums and see if I could make it clamp down on the first transient with a lot of compression (-6 to -8db ). I just dial in the fastest attack and then I start nudging and tweaking until the smile comes on my face :)
Mplay
Member
Member
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:25 am
Location: Willemstad, Curaçao

Re: Erics gearing up for a nebula 1176

Postby Finnish » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:35 pm

Mplay wrote:I've only had time to test the Strip76 on some 808 kick drums and see if I could make it clamp down on the first transient with a lot of compression (-6 to -8db ). I just dial in the fastest attack and then I start nudging and tweaking until the smile comes on my face :)


Why do you nugde tracks or adjust time/delay on 'em, plugin delay compensation should work..?
Finnish
User Level IV
User Level IV
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:21 pm

Re: Erics gearing up for a nebula 1176

Postby Mplay » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:37 pm

This has nothing to do with pdc, I'm talking about making Nebula compressors look ahead by sending a copy of the audio to the sidechain channel a few miliseconds earlier. iirc, all Nebula compressors already allow to dial in 1.5 ms lookahead in the GUI, this trick allows you to use more then that
Mplay
Member
Member
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:25 am
Location: Willemstad, Curaçao

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests