Login

Compressors?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Compressors?

Postby ericus » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:37 pm

AlexB wrote:Sorry, I haven't the time to work at this yet.... :(

What? You haven't had time? What's this? I suppose you need to sleep and have a life too? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

With all the upgrades you did for us these last few weeks, you're MORE than excused Mr. Alex... :mrgreen:
ericus

Postby SWAN » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:58 pm

futur2 wrote:i'm glad to see that our prayings seem to be heard.

this is what giancarlo wrote in his latest "Next Step Thread" entry: "I'm checking with velinas a serious compressor sampling. It sounds promising." http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... c&start=10

i just hope it won't take as long as the release of the mammoth ;)

He is sampling the N**e finally which was announced as the Chanter 2 probably almost 2 years ago now...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby futur2 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:29 am

SWAN wrote:
futur2 wrote:i'm glad to see that our prayings seem to be heard.

this is what giancarlo wrote in his latest "Next Step Thread" entry: "I'm checking with velinas a serious compressor sampling. It sounds promising." http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... c&start=10

i just hope it won't take as long as the release of the mammoth ;)

He is sampling the N**e finally which was announced as the Chanter 2 probably almost 2 years ago now...

yep, but C******r not N**e

http://www.chandlerlimited.com/products/ltd2.php
futur2

Postby scooter » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:43 am

It's N**e
Aren't you on Facebook yet? :lol:
-Scott
scooter

Postby analoginthebox.com » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:32 am

which was announced as the Chanter 2

Yes, 2 years ago we were waiting for compressor support, but Giancarlo worked on many different things. When the CoreII engine finally was finished I already had sold my C******r LTD-2. We will remove it from our homepage soon and announce the "Fate Compressor".

For everybody who is not on facebook, this unit is what we are working on:

Today we'll finish sampling after a very long sampling period. It will take a lot of time to tune everything in the right way. It is a tough job. NAT is your friend, but not your sample-robot! It reminds me a bit of the first days of Nebula where we had no NAT, but command line tools for deconvolving and editing everything manually in XML-files. :D
Last edited by analoginthebox.com on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
analoginthebox.com
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Barendse » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:35 am

YEAH!
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby futur2 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:12 pm

scooter wrote:It's N**e
Aren't you on Facebook yet? :lol:

no, quit my facebook account two years ago :mrgreen:
futur2

Postby futur2 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:14 pm

analoginthebox.com wrote:Today we'll finish sampling after a very long sampling period. It will take a lot of time to tune everything in the right way. It is a tough job. NAT is your friend, but not your sample-robot! It reminds me a bit of the first days of Nebula where we had no NAT, but command line tools for deconvolving and editing everything manually in XML-files. :D

wow, exciting!
futur2

Postby SWAN » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:23 pm

yeah really exciting to hear how this turns out - I presume some way has been made to address the previous issues with compressor timings etc? What is really encouraging is how much experience Velinas now has with sampling so if anyone can capture a compressor well its gonna be him...

Shame its not the C******r in a way as the N**e does not have variable attack time so perhaps not so versatile as a bus comp - I think the attack time is something like 3ms? But anyways the N**e may well have more vintage vibe...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby futur2 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:29 pm

SWAN wrote:Shame its not the C******r in a way as the N**e does not have variable attack time so perhaps not so versatile as a bus comp - I think the attack time is something like 3ms? But anyways the N**e may well have more vintage vibe...

yeah but if velinas succeeds others will follow!
futur2

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries