Login

CDSoundMaster "The Globe Console" Now Available!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: CDSoundMaster "The Globe Console" Now Available!!!

Postby Raynorshyn » Thu May 13, 2010 9:54 pm

Last night I redid the stems of a song originally rendered with MWC (inputs, Otari ATR 15 and Tape boost); and rendered them with the GLDEQINALLK11 on either side of the Otari and booster. I heard nice clear high end with a little loss in the lows.

I put those GLD tracks in the project where the busses and 2buss already had MWC stuff inserted and bounced down.
Then realized what I'd done, redid the busses with the Globe and bounced down.

I listened to the two versions. :shock: The GLD tracks with the MWC busses were just WOW. Happy accident.
Raynorshyn
User Level III
User Level III

Postby ngarjuna » Sun May 16, 2010 2:19 pm

I just finished a mix, about 40 tracks, and I A/B'd the Globe to MBC Pro. The only difference between these two are the console instances (of which there are probably...~75 instances for each console let's say).

I pretty much expected that CDSoundmaster's sampling of what some people call "the best sounding console ever" was going to hold its own with the MBC Pro, and it certainly did. There are things I like about each (the final mix will probably be a hybrid now that I have stems of everything).

I find it hard to verbalize a difference like this, so here is a short clip from each:

Console A

Console B
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby Yllet » Sun May 16, 2010 7:20 pm

B has as more "openness" and "straight forward sound" so i guess that is the globe.

/Jon
Yllet
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby ngarjuna » Mon May 17, 2010 7:20 pm

I have had a chance to compare them more extensively on a couple different systems. It's weird (to me), parts of some busses I prefer from A, parts I prefer from B.

For example: the kick drum on B annoys me terribly, but it's closer to how I like it in A; but the rest of the kit I think I prefer B. The synth I like better in A but the other keys I prefer B. There isn't an easy way to get my "favorite" of everything just from my buss stems...

Console A was actually the Globe. Console B is the MBC Pro.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby Yllet » Mon May 17, 2010 8:20 pm

Cool. I don´have the Globe, but the MBC Pro. I like the sound of B more than A. Good for me

But I guess a combo could be good, as with everything!

/Jon
Yllet
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby ngarjuna » Mon May 17, 2010 8:26 pm

Well I think I'm leaning towards the MBC on this track as well but, to be fair, I think that's a program specific thing. On jazz or classical I think the Globe would be a much better choice.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries