Login

CDSoundMaster "The Globe Console" Now Available!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: CDSoundMaster "The Globe Console" Now Available!!!

Postby mertayy » Mon May 10, 2010 12:18 pm

Barendse wrote:I do find the soundsamples very very very subtle (even with headphones). Things become yet interesting when the tape programs are involved. I'll wait a bit for what's coming next I think ;-)

Maybe you should listen with your speakers? mp3 can do weird things to audio with all its filters so not always headphones translate color better than speakers. To me the difference can be described as a nice smile curve compared to the ITB mix, yet still with warmth.

Edit: I just remembered that almost all headphones has a "sad face shape" freq. responce, maybe thats the problem as headphones are no way as flat as studio monitors (without the room factor)
mertayy

Postby vicnestE » Mon May 10, 2010 12:44 pm

This is the most colorful console I've tried. The difference is kind of huge compared to other programs and very pleasing.
vicnestE
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Barendse » Mon May 10, 2010 1:01 pm

Really? Well in that case I really would Love to hear a comparison with the MBC Pro.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby ngarjuna » Mon May 10, 2010 3:04 pm

Reading this thread I keep thinking...I don't need another console...not even another great console...and yet I cannot resist...

Damn you Nebula!! =)
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby norburybrook » Mon May 10, 2010 4:19 pm

mertayy wrote:
Maybe you should listen with your speakers? mp3 can do weird things to audio with all its filters so not always headphones translate color better than speakers. To me the difference can be described as a nice smile curve compared to the ITB mix, yet still with warmth.

Edit: I just remembered that almost all headphones has a "sad face shape" freq. responce, maybe thats the problem as headphones are no way as flat as studio monitors (without the room factor)

A good pair of headphones like the Sennheiser HD650's are probably as flat as a $5000 set of monitors in a good room.

To me my HD650's sound very similar to my mastering engineers large PMC monitors tonaly.

MC
norburybrook
User Level V
User Level V

Postby mertayy » Mon May 10, 2010 5:14 pm

norburybrook wrote:A good pair of headphones like the Sennheiser HD650's are probably as flat as a $5000 set of monitors in a good room.

To me my HD650's sound very similar to my mastering engineers large PMC monitors tonaly.

MC

There's no question 650's are excellent headphones but from personal experience, I think headphones shouldn't be always trusted.

I think there's a reason some hardware/software developers designed tools to imitate room sound for headphones. I cannot explain technically but when trying psycho-acoustic tools or some dimensions of sound when auditioning mix, masters...some elements aren't describes as obvious with headphones.

Don't get this wrong as headphones are useless or anything, I use mine a lot and they are extremely helpful but I've made mistakes before to place opinions by just trying headphones and later realized how wrong I was when listened on monitors.
mertayy

Postby tumburu » Mon May 10, 2010 9:26 pm

MOjO_FET wrote:Was the Eq sampled as well Michael?

Michael

I heard good things about the eqs in these consoles.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby vicnestE » Tue May 11, 2010 12:01 am

Barendse wrote:Really? Well in that case I really would Love to hear a comparison with the MBC Pro.

Maybe some one with all the consoles could do the test for you since my demos are not fair and I don't have time to do all the rendering.
vicnestE
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby tumburu » Wed May 12, 2010 10:17 am

I really like the sound of this console. Very special and musical. There's a small drop in volume with these programs but the sound is really nice and obvious. It has a somehow clearer and more colored sound than the MBC (the only other console I liked and bought). You ca easily get a retro sound when using this.

Thanks Michael for finding and sampling it! Now I wish I could convert all my favorite libraries to 44.1. Not inlove with the 96k thing.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Barendse » Thu May 13, 2010 4:53 pm

vicnestE wrote:
Barendse wrote:Really? Well in that case I really would Love to hear a comparison with the MBC Pro.

Maybe some one with all the consoles could do the test for you since my demos are not fair and I don't have time to do all the rendering.

So I made a comparison myself ;-) To my ears Globe is less muddy en has more air. Great console program.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries