Login

CDSoundMaster "The Globe Console" Now Available!!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: CDSoundMaster "The Globe Console" Now Available!!!

Postby cdsoundmaster » Sat May 08, 2010 7:36 pm

I did check with "G" and it should work fine with the Neb3 Bundle.
ErotiCore SteNch wrote:any1 knows if this also works in nebula 3 bundle?
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Sat May 08, 2010 7:44 pm

Hi there!

Yes, the graph for 44.1 only shows the nice high end shape up to 22,050Hz but it continues to over 30kHz. The extreme high frequency non-linearities make some nice changes as well.

Two important things:
Regarding the settings for the Renderer, I don't use the render program so I can't comment on any exact settings. For this release I wanted to make the console series as easily compatible in all ways, so the frequency graph shown here is an example of what to expect only at your highest +0dB peak volume. If you drive a file hard into Neb with a lot of loud steady signal, perhaps you may drop the drive setting a little. But, for more dynamic tracks it is set to load with plenty of character. If using K-system it is still plenty dynamic and plenty of harmonics.
2. Regarding harmonics in different sample rates.
You cannot go on the accuracy of the KLIRR or THD. These are programmed at 96kHz, but the absolute amount of pressure coming into the sample is based upon the actual volume edited. This will change the relationship very slightly from one rate to another, but the shape and relation of the harmonics to each other remains consistent and this is what is important. My recommendation is to not change anything but the loaded rate for your project (leave liquidity attack release all set the same). The harmonics and spectrum and dynamics will work accurately even though visuals change.

I am adding not just spectrum graphs but harmonics to the site soon, and they can be dl'd as well.

vicnestE wrote:Just bought it and the curve/harmonics of the GLD-EQIN-ALL is here under 44KHz. Somewhat differs from the one's on Michael's graph section.

I am trying to render a song through it for comparison, but I'm not sure what settings should I use in the "Processing gain" of nebula renderer. So I left it un-checked.
Maybe Michael could give us some guide. :lol:

The NOEQ version of GLD has more harmonics to my eye since the scale is not the same in the two harmonic charts.

It's a very colorful console compared to MBCPro where MBCPro's harmonic distortion figure chould be found on Alex's site. But I had nice experiences with MBCPro with rock/grunge songs.

I could post audio examples once I finish the render.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Sat May 08, 2010 7:46 pm

I checked this with Giancarlo as well, and it should be fine with this version without trouble.
futur2 wrote:hi michael, this one looks and sounds great! one question, does it require the latest nebula version? some people reported instabilites. don't want to riks these. i'm on 1.3.393 atm, will globe work?
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby TranscendingMusic » Sat May 08, 2010 8:07 pm

Guys, a friendly reminder: use your ears!

I know, I know, but I'm just saying :shock:

Ears to listen
Eyes to confirm/un-confirm
Ears still as final judgment

It's audio after all! 8-)

- Bob
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby futur2 » Sat May 08, 2010 8:35 pm

CDSoundMaster wrote:I checked this with Giancarlo as well, and it should be fine with this version without trouble.
futur2 wrote:hi michael, this one looks and sounds great! one question, does it require the latest nebula version? some people reported instabilites. don't want to riks these. i'm on 1.3.393 atm, will globe work?

thanks, bought!
futur2

Postby vicnestE » Sat May 08, 2010 10:21 pm

The unique high boost really opens the sound, and I need to slightly EQ some bus track to make them the way I want.(Not the way in my previous demos which is tuned based on CLC)

And the beautiful air reminds me of Alex's MWC which should be available in PRO format this month. I missed the purchase. :(

Combining CLC audios with the Globe Console buses takes extra work because CLC seems to have more meat while the Globe console is less muddy.

I think graphics are somehow useful if you cannot test it. Some programs are basically given away if demos are provided, and it's unfair for the hard-working samplers/providers.

I hesitated before buying "The Globe Console" just because the on-line audio examples deviated from my taste. So I asked Michael if it's possible to post harmonics chart for reference, but I couldn't resist the tempatation and bought it before the graphics are out. And now I'm a happy user with one more weapon in my arsenal.
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Sun May 09, 2010 12:11 am

hmmm ... been over 20+ years since I've been behind a Sphere ! Look forward to hearing it again ... just purchased ;)

Thanks!
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby MOjO_FET » Sun May 09, 2010 12:19 am

Was the Eq sampled as well Michael?

Michael
MOjO_FET
User Level V
User Level V

Postby Barendse » Mon May 10, 2010 10:42 am

I do find the soundsamples very very very subtle (even with headphones). Things become yet interesting when the tape programs are involved. I'll wait a bit for what's coming next I think ;-)
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby farjedi » Mon May 10, 2010 12:15 pm

well, not trying to persuade you or anything, but my working experience is that with the most colored programs, it is not subtle at all.. I didn't even check the demo myself, perhaps I wouldn't have bothered myself had I, but I'm glad I have as it's giving me a sound I haven't been able to achieve with any other programs..
farjedi
User Level X
User Level X

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries