Login

CD Soundmaster....very cool .....

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: CD Soundmaster....very cool .....

Postby Barendse » Sat May 08, 2010 9:19 am

farjedi wrote:Okay I was talking about the comp programs from the Retro pack.

Sorry got confused, I have that as well, and used it the other day and again thought it sounded great bounced it then discoverd cliks, but like i said it could have been my abuse. So many programs it's hard to keep track on..and like a junkie I just bought this new console..well for £20 it's hard to resist :)[/quote]

Too many great programs is going to be a real problem;-)

So how does the Globe stand up against the MBC Pro? Same trick different colour?
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby farjedi » Sat May 08, 2010 2:13 pm

I'm intruiged to hear the Console Pro versions that I've bought, but wasn't willing to buy the MBCpro and opted to be patient :)
farjedi
User Level X
User Level X

Postby vicnestE » Sat May 08, 2010 2:55 pm

If it's indeed a Sphere Eclipse A 32x16x2:

From "http://www.glideonfade.com/console.htm"
Many people have described the sound of the console as midway between a N**e 80xx series and an A*I 16xx series, it has a smooth top reminiscient of a N**e but the aggressiveness of an A*I yet without the horrid N**e cloudiness or the cartoonish A*I mid forwardness. Unique to this console is its tremendous headroom and open sound.

Seems pretty awesome. Even in essence it's only 4 programs if you choose to emulate in a rendering way.
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby cdsoundmaster » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:26 pm

I would say this is an excellent description of its sound! :-)

I actually described it just like that without knowing it was a popular feeling about the console.
It reminds me a little of using a 990C in place of a 2520 but the surrounding signal is still very unique and polished, like the difficult-to-describe depth of N**e and color in A*I but the edge hides under the harmonic overtones with less aggressive sound than A*I, and it has its own flavor of extended highs. I really love this console. I would imagine someone is going to bring it into the 500 series in some form, but the originals are impossible to mimic.

vicnestE wrote:If it's indeed a Sphere Eclipse A 32x16x2:

From "http://www.glideonfade.com/console.htm"
Many people have described the sound of the console as midway between a N**e 80xx series and an A*I 16xx series, it has a smooth top reminiscient of a N**e but the aggressiveness of an A*I yet without the horrid N**e cloudiness or the cartoonish A*I mid forwardness. Unique to this console is its tremendous headroom and open sound.

Seems pretty awesome. Even in essence it's only 4 programs if you choose to emulate in a rendering way.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries