Login

CD Soundmaster....very cool .....

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: CD Soundmaster....very cool .....

Postby Barendse » Fri May 07, 2010 12:42 pm

farjedi wrote:Perhaps it was me abusing the programs? I have PP1. Mangel has just released a console collection..!!

Okay I was talking about the comp programs from the Retro pack.

Yeah another console program supplier ;-) Which console is it? E*I TG?
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby futur2 » Fri May 07, 2010 12:55 pm

Barendse wrote:
Yeah another console program supplier ;-) Which console is it? E*I TG?

Sphere Eclipse A
Last edited by futur2 on Fri May 07, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
futur2

Postby farjedi » Fri May 07, 2010 1:13 pm

Okay I was talking about the comp programs from the Retro pack.

[/quote]
Sorry got confused, I have that as well, and used it the other day and again thought it sounded great bounced it then discoverd cliks, but like i said it could have been my abuse. So many programs it's hard to keep track on..and like a junkie I just bought this new console..well for £20 it's hard to resist :)
farjedi
User Level X
User Level X

Postby futur2 » Fri May 07, 2010 1:43 pm

farjedi wrote:Okay I was talking about the comp programs from the Retro pack.

Sorry got confused, I have that as well, and used it the other day and again thought it sounded great bounced it then discoverd cliks, but like i said it could have been my abuse. So many programs it's hard to keep track on..and like a junkie I just bought this new console..well for £20 it's hard to resist :)

quoted the wrong person (you) before :) fixed

after you worked a little bit with the new sphere/globe console could you compare it to alex' consoles? thanks!
futur2

Postby tumburu » Fri May 07, 2010 1:45 pm

Interesting, never heard of this console. Anyone bought it already?
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby mertayy » Fri May 07, 2010 2:12 pm

tumburu wrote:Interesting, never heard of this console. Anyone bought it already?

+1,made a google search and seems its rare. I'm curious and will be waiting for sound samples.
mertayy

Postby vicnestE » Fri May 07, 2010 2:41 pm

http://www.glideonfade.com/console.htm
There's sound samples in the link from your e-mail if you purchased CDsoundmaster product before.
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby farjedi » Fri May 07, 2010 4:01 pm

Initial reactions are I'm really pleased I got this..I haven't used it a like a console emulation but on a semi finished ruff bounce from yesterday.
I decided to try the suggestion off emulating a signal chain going into the console, out to tape and then routed back in to the desk. I used the most colorful program..GLD-Eq-All-K11, the into R2R, Otari ATR 0, then a TB+ 1db, then back into a GLD-Eq-All-K11..I did the same on the Master Buss (for a laugh) but used the GLM programs instead..
It wasn't a subtle change..it was a definiate improvement tone wise..I have a driving iggypopish tom going all the way through the track and in the original bounce it's a bit wooly and undefined, this seemed to life the frequencies and rectified that, taking away some of the mud whilst still being warm..
I thought I'd bounce the original this time just with the new consoles, no tape. Pleasantly, the same toneshift charactereistics were there, the lifting of the tom and snare and overall a more tighter sound..it wasn't subtle.
From memory, having been using the MTC and MWC AlexB consoles, obviously yet to hear the Pro versions, but this is definatley less of a subtle improvement to the sound, it's quite dramatic, without sounding weird..
I may try a console emulation to see what results I can get..cheers
farjedi
User Level X
User Level X

Postby futur2 » Fri May 07, 2010 5:56 pm

farjedi wrote:Initial reactions are I'm really pleased I got this..I haven't used it a like a console emulation but on a semi finished ruff bounce from yesterday.
I decided to try the suggestion off emulating a signal chain going into the console, out to tape and then routed back in to the desk. I used the most colorful program..GLD-Eq-All-K11, the into R2R, Otari ATR 0, then a TB+ 1db, then back into a GLD-Eq-All-K11..I did the same on the Master Buss (for a laugh) but used the GLM programs instead..
It wasn't a subtle change..it was a definiate improvement tone wise..I have a driving iggypopish tom going all the way through the track and in the original bounce it's a bit wooly and undefined, this seemed to life the frequencies and rectified that, taking away some of the mud whilst still being warm..
I thought I'd bounce the original this time just with the new consoles, no tape. Pleasantly, the same toneshift charactereistics were there, the lifting of the tom and snare and overall a more tighter sound..it wasn't subtle.
From memory, having been using the MTC and MWC AlexB consoles, obviously yet to hear the Pro versions, but this is definatley less of a subtle improvement to the sound, it's quite dramatic, without sounding weird..
I may try a console emulation to see what results I can get..cheers

thanks for your initial report, much appreciated! i think i have to buy ;-)

the only thing i wonder is if i really have to use the lastest nebula version with it. the reported instabilites make me nervous. i really don't want/need them :shock:
futur2

Postby prosodio » Fri May 07, 2010 6:02 pm

Totally agree with Farjedi, tried one guitar track with gld al eqin all, akai tape, tb+ mammoth locut sent to a subgroup with glm eqin hi 11 sent to masterbuss with glm eq in all11 revox atr 15 0 tb+ 1db.... The sound was absolutely fabulous, great change, classic sound, only with one track, a whole mix should be great.... I´ve been searching about this console and it seems that are only a few made in the world 50 or so.... Maybe is wrong???? Some engineers claim that is the best they used, even better than neves or apis...

Greetings
prosodio
User Level X
User Level X

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries