Login

STN - NAG TApe – Electromagnetic Tape Nebula Programs

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: STN - NAG TApe – Electromagnetic Tape Nebula Programs

Postby prosodio » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:10 pm

I highly recommend loading both nagra and 810 presets as they come, and get tb+ and VTM from Cdsoundmaster to build tape sat and compresssion in blocks. It works great, so you don´t need that drive slider for anything.

Greetings
prosodio
User Level X
User Level X

Postby himhui » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:12 pm

prosodio wrote:I highly recommend loading both nagra and 810 presets as they come, and get tb+ and VTM from Cdsoundmaster to build tape sat and compresssion in blocks. It works great, so you don´t need that drive slider for anything.

Greetings

Yes, that what I did too!
97v4 /Win7 x64 /64G ram /Nvidia Quadro K620
Reaper 5.28 /X-Touch
Prism Orpheus /RME Babyface Pro
himhui
Expert
Expert

Postby prosodio » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:16 pm

himhui wrote:
prosodio wrote:I highly recommend loading both nagra and 810 presets as they come, and get tb+ and VTM from Cdsoundmaster to build tape sat and compresssion in blocks. It works great, so you don´t need that drive slider for anything.

Greetings

Yes, that what I did too!

;)
prosodio
User Level X
User Level X

Postby cpwade » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Bought it (without demo) to support the dev, was actually blown away at the quality and sound.

Funny how a clever grass roots coder movement and community of supporters changed the game.

Thank you.

pw
cpwade

Postby blandry » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:15 am

cpwade wrote:Bought it (without demo) to support the dev, was actually blown away at the quality and sound.

Funny how a clever grass roots coder movement and community of supporters changed the game.

Thank you.

pw

Yes. Purchased as well...it's like a joke that more people don't know about this. I preach, but they don't listen...
blandry
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby highvoltage » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:53 pm

Its one of the most used tapes for me. I can just put it anywhere, and it rounds the peaks and gives a gentle warmness in the low end with some punch.
highvoltage

Postby surbitone » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:54 pm

Been trying out Nag for a couple of weeks now & it really is incredible. Using it @ 15ips after Roundtone @ 30ips is so smooth and alive sounding. Loving it with VTM too, but mostly favouring Roundtone with this baby.
surbitone
User Level V
User Level V

Postby yr » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:14 pm

surbitone wrote:Been trying out Nag for a couple of weeks now & it really is incredible. Using it @ 15ips after Roundtone @ 30ips is so smooth and alive sounding. Loving it with VTM too, but mostly favouring Roundtone with this baby.

It's a shame you can't bypass the saturation stage in either one (as far as I know). Could be nice to have a vst plugin adding just tape compression after the NAG.
Reuven | post-production & sound-design | scenography |
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby ngarjuna » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:48 pm

yr wrote:
surbitone wrote:Been trying out Nag for a couple of weeks now & it really is incredible. Using it @ 15ips after Roundtone @ 30ips is so smooth and alive sounding. Loving it with VTM too, but mostly favouring Roundtone with this baby.

It's a shame you can't bypass the saturation stage in either one (as far as I know). Could be nice to have a vst plugin adding just tape compression after the NAG.

Using VTM-M2 by itself should accomplish this (giving you the compression element without all the saturation from Tapebooster/R2R/Eric's Tape programs).

For that matter with a good transparent-ish compressor with detailed controls you can also accomplish this kind of compression without any saturation (Stillwell's Bombardier works well in certain modes for this kind of thing).
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby yr » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:01 pm

ngarjuna wrote:
yr wrote:

Using VTM-M2 by itself should accomplish this (giving you the compression element without all the saturation from Tapebooster/R2R/Eric's Tape programs).

For that matter with a good transparent-ish compressor with detailed controls you can also accomplish this kind of compression without any saturation (Stillwell's Bombardier works well in certain modes for this kind of thing).

I only had the VTM-M2 for a trial period, but if I remember correctly, it always adds harmonic distortion (which is why it can also be used as a stand-alone tape simulator). I think you could use a compressor to simulate the effects of compression but it is not that easy- it's not linear.
Reuven | post-production & sound-design | scenography |
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries