Login

Best "room/space" reverb?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Best "room/space" reverb?

Postby powderfinger » Thu May 06, 2010 3:17 am

Hey guys,
I jumped on the Nebula bandwagon about 6 months ago and am totally hooked. At first it was primarily for the EQs, consoles, and R2R tapes, but I recently discovered the amazing 140 Plate reverb.

It has become my "go to" for vocals (replacing the UAD 140), but I still haven't found a good room/space reverb (still using the UAD EMT 250 for that). I do mainly acoustic recordings in the style of Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Tom Petty, and am looking for suggestions for my main mix bus reverb to replace the UAD EMT 250. Any ideas/recommendations?

Thanks!
powderfinger
User Level III
User Level III

Re: Best "room/space" reverb?

Postby Barendse » Thu May 06, 2010 8:23 am

PP2 pack from cdsoundmaster has some nice space programs.
Don't know if they are 'the best' but they sound great.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby norburybrook » Thu May 06, 2010 10:10 am

for real spaces why not try a convolution verb.I've been using
this

http://www.liquidsonics.com/software_reverberate.htm

Just get hold of some of the many impulse resonses available on the web to augment the included ones and you'll be good to go.

It's x64 as well :D

MC

p.s. i agree 100% about the new neb plate 140
norburybrook
User Level V
User Level V

Postby fuseburn » Thu May 06, 2010 11:01 am

I'd heavily recommend trying out the free PCM91 Ambience patches from nebula-programs.com - not exactly "space" in terms of looong reverb tails, but amazing to give certain instruments room to breathe.
fuseburn
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Barendse » Thu May 06, 2010 11:24 am

fuseburn wrote:I'd heavily recommend trying out the free PCM91 Ambience patches from nebula-programs.com - not exactly "space" in terms of looong reverb tails, but amazing to give certain instruments room to breathe.

They are nice but really heavy on the cpu so I don't use them.

I also have Reveberate but PP2 does a far better job in creating natural spaces (to my ears).
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby zaminx » Thu May 06, 2010 2:05 pm

CdSoundmasters PP2 the spaces in this pack are incredible for realism
zaminx
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby himhui » Thu May 06, 2010 2:06 pm

+1

97v4 /Win7 x64 /64G ram /Nvidia Quadro K620
Reaper 5.28 /X-Touch
Prism Orpheus /RME Babyface Pro
himhui
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby ngarjuna » Thu May 06, 2010 2:35 pm

fuseburn wrote:I'd heavily recommend trying out the free PCM91 Ambience patches from nebula-programs.com - not exactly "space" in terms of looong reverb tails, but amazing to give certain instruments room to breathe.

+1 on the PCM91 programs, they are very well done (and a good selection of presets). Might be hard if nobody is seeding them, though. I occasionally load up the PCM70 stuff from the commercial library to compare and, honestly, I pretty much always end up using the 91.

I haven't tried the PP2 yet but it's on my list, CDSoundmaster's programs are awesome.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby Barendse » Thu May 06, 2010 2:52 pm

ngarjuna wrote:

+1 on the PCM91 programs, they are very well done (and a good selection of presets). Might be hard if nobody is seeding them, though. I occasionally load up the PCM70 stuff from the commercial library to compare and, honestly, I pretty much always end up using the 91.

I haven't tried the PP2 yet but it's on my list, CDSoundmaster's programs are awesome.

There's is a great free pp2 reverb program you can check, might be wrong but I thought it was called 'small room'.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby ngarjuna » Thu May 06, 2010 3:08 pm

Barendse wrote:
ngarjuna wrote:+1 on the PCM91 programs, they are very well done (and a good selection of presets). Might be hard if nobody is seeding them, though. I occasionally load up the PCM70 stuff from the commercial library to compare and, honestly, I pretty much always end up using the 91.

There's is a great free pp2 reverb program you can check, might be wrong but I thought it was called 'small room'.

Thanks, that hadn't occurred to me. I will have to check it out.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries