Login

AnalogInTheBox SNAP Compressor Question

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

AnalogInTheBox SNAP Compressor Question

Postby splat88 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:26 am

Hi, I just purchased this plugin, but I'm unable to adjust the attack and release parameters from the defaults loaded with each program. The sliders move, but the values do not change. Does anyone have any insight on this? I'm using Nebula2 commercial.
splat88
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: AnalogInTheBox SNAP Compressor Question

Postby ngarjuna » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:07 am

Check out the program listings in the manual, it explains the name -> settings correlations.

Due to the way the sampling process takes place, most developers have gone with static attack/release settings (per program); if you sample too many variables in a program the size becomes unwieldy. I'm not a sampler/developer so I can't tell you much more than that but pretty much all of the Nebula compressors I own were sampled this way (although a couple of them do have variable release).
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby splat88 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:03 am

Thanks for the reply. I don't think these programs are static. The manual talks about being able to adjust attack and release.

I just bought AlexB's S*L 4K comp and I'm having the same problem with that too. Attack and release parameters can't be changed.
splat88
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby mathias » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:13 am

did you try with the daw playing?
i remember a problem with parameters, where i had to press play, to see parameter-changes.
mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby ngarjuna » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:14 am

splat88 wrote:Thanks for the reply. I don't think these programs are static. The manual talks about being able to adjust attack and release.

I just bought AlexB's S*L 4K comp and I'm having the same problem with that too. Attack and release parameters can't be changed.

Ah you're right, the Snap is supposed to have a couple of settings per program (it's still sub-divided into numerous programs but it looks like they were able to group the fast/slow attacks and releases together). I'm not sure about the 4k libraries, Alex's manual is pretty vague about attack/release options but since they aren't per program they must be variable too (other than the autorelease programs).
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby mathias » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:17 am

oh, i see another problem.

did you read the systemrequirements from aitb?
it says:
System requirements:
Mac / PC, Nebula3Pro (commercial license), 42 MB HDD space, 1GB Ram

you wrote that you use nebula 2 !

i think, that is the problem. you need to upgrade nebula!
mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby splat88 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:21 am

Ah, I did not see the Neb3 requirement, but that's okay since I purchased it earlier today. I'm just waiting for the activation code to be emailed back to me. I'll wait and see if this rectifies the problem. Thanks for the help.

EDIT:

Actually, the manual says
"Nebula2 or Nebula3 with installed commercial license"
splat88
User Level 0
User Level 0

Return to 3rd party libraries