Login

AlexB - 4KD PRO : Dynamics Collection

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB - 4KD PRO : Dynamics Collection

Postby Definity » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:22 am

LOL give the dude a break! im sure all them comps will come in good time. but TBH who ever does the first fairchild 670 is gonna be rich
Definity

Postby faun2500 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:26 am

No rest for the wicked! :twisted:
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Owen » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:48 am

Definity wrote:LOL give the dude a break! im sure all them comps will come in good time. but TBH who ever does the first fairchild 670 is gonna be rich

Guys guys - slow down a little. Sampling takes quite an effort as it is. While it's nice to dream, let's enjoy some of the things we have now.

To the best of my knowledge, nobody working directly or indirectly on producing Nebula or Nebula related products drives a Ferrari yet - and I doubt they will even if they sample a Fairchild. Being realistic, the marketplace for software really wouldn't support a several hundred dollar price for a compressor - just like it wouldn't support a Nebula costing half a grand.

Back to the 4KD Pro......

Owen ;)
Owen
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Ermz » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:16 am

I would suggest, if any more shoot-outs were to be done, that you simply post a blind A/B between the 4KD programs and the hardware channel compressor.

It would be interesting to see how people feel it compares, without any predisposition bias.

I personally found the attack fairly nice and snappy on drums, but something at faster attack times didn't feel right. Something about the release characteristic wasn't very 'compressor-like' to me.
Ermz
User Level I
User Level I

Postby sfunk » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:23 pm

That last comment from Ermz seems to have stopped the party here. How are people finding this library now they've had time to use it (i've been busy and away on holiday so havent got round to any serious use with it but i'm just curious to hear others experiences.)

Is it not possible to get some Hardware verses Alex B examples for comparisons sake?
sfunk

Postby surbitone » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:36 pm

I've only used the buss compressor with medium/slow attack and release times. Great stuff.
surbitone
User Level V
User Level V

Postby faun2500 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:39 pm

Ive been using them every day since released. Ive used the channel compressor and bus compressor on about 7 tracks and they are GREAT!

Weight and punch baby, weight and punch!
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Owen » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:32 am

A slightly different question perhaps. I have tried out the Sonalksis compressor a number of times in the past and liked it, but thought it was a bit expensive. From what I understand some describe it is being "S*L Like" I was wondering if anyone who uses the Sonalksis SV-315 vst would care to comment?

Owen ;)
Owen
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby biomuse » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:15 am

It's a nice compressor with a few different characters. Not sure this is the place for that question, though. Try KVR?
biomuse
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Mercado_Negro » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:41 am

Owen wrote:A slightly different question perhaps. I have tried out the Sonalksis compressor a number of times in the past and liked it, but thought it was a bit expensive. From what I understand some describe it is being "S*L Like" I was wondering if anyone who uses the Sonalksis SV-315 vst would care to comment?

Owen ;)

The Sonalksis SV-315mkII is a legend, one of those truly amazing plug-ins with a very nice sound. It's the only plug-in I've heard which doesn't thin out kicks during compression. If I need punchy drums I go for The Glue but if I need a tight and solid low-end on my kick then the SV-315mkII is my "go-to" compressor. Sometimes I use both: the SV-315mkII with an attack of 10ms or 8ms and auto-release with mode II for that tight bottom end and then The Glue right after it with a short attack (1ms or 3ms) and also auto-release.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries