Login

AlexB - 4KD PRO : Dynamics Collection

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB - 4KD PRO : Dynamics Collection

Postby AlexB » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:37 pm

No time to read all... I think that it is source dependent, I have compress with CH 8 a boom kik in HipHop project without problem.
Also, I haven't received bad or issue report from CUSTOMERS (but good reports), so it seems that some people love to push confusion in the forums... Like a marketing strategy... Maybe to release the free-demo is not a good idea :?
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby yr » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:45 pm

AlexB wrote:No time to read all... I think that it is source dependent, I have compress with CH 8 a boom kik in HipHop project without problem.
Also, I haven't received bad or issue report from CUSTOMERS (but good reports), so it seems that some people love to push confusion in the forums... Like a marketing strategy... Maybe to release the free-demo is not a good idea :?

Strange tone... not very difficult to find issues with the default smooth parameter...
Reuven | post-production & sound-design | scenography |
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby futur2 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:04 pm

AlexB wrote:No time to read all... I think that it is source dependent, I have compress with CH 8 a boom kik in HipHop project without problem.

yr wrote:
vicnestE wrote:to yr: please post the wave files or mp3 file of the sound you described. It would be clearer.

Sure (attached)- first a few uncompressed pulses and then a couple via the GC preset. I can't replicate this with other Nebula comps other then the 165a.
COMP TEST.wav

alex, did you listen to this example by yr? it's on page 10 of this thread. source dependant maybe, but you can't say it's all a big conspiracy.
futur2

Postby yr » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:34 pm

yr wrote:

Strange tone... not very difficult to find issues with the default smooth parameter...

conspiracy to do what? improve products for free?- hell I wish I had more people conspiring against me then ;)
Reuven | post-production & sound-design | scenography |
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Arne » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:37 pm

Love the sound....I am VERY pleased with the library, it is simply awesome and way better than I expected. Great on Vocals! As stated before Nebula has its strengths where others fails and visa versa. I use my ears, and use the 4KD PRO library when it fits the track, sound, type of source material etc. Other compressors have different characteristics, sound and benefits, some really good and others bad. This library is really - really good, providing space and depth, separation and smoothness and with harmonics no other compressor in my tool chest can provide. If it does not fit a specific track, I use something else. Over the last few months I use Nebula and AlexB`s libraries more and more as I have started to learn its strengths and how to take advantage of the technology and sound.

Some customers take an active part of the emerging technology development simply because they love Nebula, its technology and some of its libraries.
I know I do, and I am really looking forward to how this will emerge in near future, knowing just a little bit what plans are.
Arne
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby ngarjuna » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:44 pm

I've had a few hours now to play with this library. Let me say I am very surprised: I knew it was going to be good (like everything I've ever used that Alex made), but I just didn't realize how good.

Bravo, Alex, you've done it again! With compressors like these (and Fate and MC77 and Vari which I love as well) Nebula has really taken a giant step forward.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby sfunk » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:57 pm

Yes it is indeed a fine addition. Funny how it took me a while to get my head round it now its so obvious. Think my mind was playing tricks on me.
sfunk

Postby Mimi » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:40 pm

I'm playing with the 4K_Dynamics and I must say I'm amazed...
Improvements and final solutions of the nebula, reflected this release.
Well...I would like to talk about what I did with 4KD, I I'm working on a new "samba enredo" , samba plot in English, for beija flor school, the champion of carnival 2011.
Well...I recorded 40 musicians rhythmic, and 20 percussionists.
I work with many libraries of Compressors nebula, and the 4KD , it was perfect.
For those who think that not is good for tambour or other percussion and Etc...I must say it thought wrong.
The attack is good for me, look ahead, I've used in some things, with good results.
Pressed well, and gave me the expected result... I do not see more the difference preached by some, of compressor_nebula x compresor_Shynts...on the contrary I think 4KD a breakthrough in compression plugins...THE BEST .
Equal hardware, there is no plugin closer than 4KD... More about the attack and REALISE for whom used hardware knows it is not very different from the nebula...Is slightly slower than the software, The software is "seer", I think what, the what if looks like a "defect" or "limitation", can be a confusing about the naturalness of the hardware.
I found it perfect for me and I look forward and happy for Compressor Portico...
Congratulations to AlexB, to start a new cycle of compressor , initiated by ANITB with fate compressor, that I love a lot.
Mimi

Postby woeischris » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:12 am

Can't believe how good it sounds! Do wish it was a little faster but the one-two punch is fine. What's a good free or low cost VST comp that is extremely clean?
woeischris

Postby Mimi » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:14 am

""@ Sfunk Said : I can not get the Bus comp to compress hard (not that i want to I just to hear it working) no matter what i do-this is with the threshold hold turned fully down, 10:1 attack 3ms release 40ms and the gain reduction is reading -18.""

8-)

I was doing a mix in my studio, with a project of protoolsHd9, That audio consolidate in my protools 9, and then went to the reaper.
Well... I put in a Buss of acustic battery, the Compressor 4KDGC, and put the threshould in -48dB, and Ratio 10:1...My reduction was - 18dB, was also marked between - 17,89 / -18.5dB in reaper ok... Well, I opened a plugin that I always used, the elysia Mpressor, I used the same settings, threshould in -48dB highly compressed...and guess! the results were the same, with a difference, the Mpressor scored in their GRL -19,5 and Reaper - 18.7 / - 20dB.
And for an obvious reason, did not mute the buss... because, mute the audio, with threshould, feature is a digital...The compression results were identical, But the 4KDpro, gave a bubble bath in mpressor...far superior in beauty, and everything else.
The behavior is correct in my view humble.

:|

"""@ enriquesilveti said : Nebula GR is still odd...""""

Well...If it is not correct...Nor is it so wrong as if think... maybe a slight difference of 0,5 or 1,5dB, not nearly so "absurd" or "unreliable", it is exaggeration ... :shock:
Mimi

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries