Login

AlexB - 4KD PRO : Dynamics Collection

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB - 4KD PRO : Dynamics Collection

Postby Mercado_Negro » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:21 pm

yr wrote:Can someone please repeat the test I've done: use short sine waves (0.5sec/-12dBFS) with the Demo presets and post the results? I've tried it on 2 computers with both default and tweaked settings and I keep getting the same clipping at the beginning of the waves. Ahead has no effect.

OK, I reproduced the problem but it only happens when Nebula receives audio for the first time, i.e., if your drums start at 1:24 then it'll do it there but not anymore during the whole track. I've seen this problem with ALL comps for Nebula.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby yr » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:40 pm

I don't have it with all Nebula comps, at least not after the last update (try the 1968). I think it's related to big level changes (as dpclarkson hinted). You will notice it more when you're working with a big dynamic range: I noticed it first when I tried using it for a marimba playing modern classical music (a lot of pauses and dynamic changes)
Reuven | post-production & sound-design | scenography |
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Mercado_Negro » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:53 pm

yr wrote:I don't have it with all Nebula comps, at least not after the last update (try the 1968). I think it's related to big level changes (as dpclarkson hinted). You will notice it more when you're working with a big dynamic range: I noticed it first when I tried using it for a marimba playing modern classical music (a lot of pauses and dynamic changes)

Yes, it is more noticeable on highly dynamic material with pauses/silences between each "hit" (like a kick track).
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby yr » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:11 pm

giancarlo wrote:
yr wrote:
dpclarkson wrote:How about this:

http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic

It's eliminating the distortion, but does it affect the accuracy?

Thanks for the tip- I will try it out. Since the curve type and kernel switching are effected then (I guess) it must change the behavior of the compressor.
Edit: lindb does eliminate the distortion but changes the sound. Would be interesting to hear AlexB & Giancarlo take on this issues.

it's a different way for fade out/in each block. Dynamic level is unchanged, frequency response too, and so harmonic distortion.

Do you then recommend changing this parameter as a solution for this issue and why does the "tip of the month" recommends changing the non-reverb version?
Attached: PARAB (default) vs LINDB

PARAB vs LINDB.wav
(7.89 MiB) Downloaded 60 times
Last edited by yr on Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reuven | post-production & sound-design | scenography |
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Arne » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:14 pm

New Nebula version is out 1.3.495
Arne
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby scooter » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Arne wrote:New Nebula version is out 1.3.495

Windows only, not OSx
-Scott
scooter

Postby faun2500 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:53 pm

I'm so fucking confused by Nebula's esoteric setting's that it's getting silly! :roll:

Can someone point me in the direction of a post where it explains exactly what the settings in the master page should be so this plugin works properly :?:
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby sfunk » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:34 pm

^^^^ to be honest i have spent about £500 on Neb and libraries and i am also getting a little annoyed at the lack of specific information in once place and developers giving us the "read the manual" or "it must be something you're doing wrong" line.
sfunk

Postby ngarjuna » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:47 pm

To be fair, Giancarlo has said many, MANY times that the settings you want to use are the default settings on installation. In almost every case where the settings varied from those desired defaults it was because people were manually editing their XML files which, while you certainly may do it, is completely at your own risk. It's actually more dangerous than tweaking those settings on the MAST page because at least on the MAST page you won't introduce any typographical errors.

That said, I'd still love to see a manual-type document about the default settings (and what the actual default values are), it would for sure be useful. Knowing that some of us do indeed tweak, it would be useful to occasionally check my files and make sure I didn't screw anything up.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:48 pm

@yr
yes. I'll use this library extensively this weekend and I'll report more about it.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries