Login

AlexB: Modern Black Console PRO and Vintage Black eQ PRO

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB: Modern Black Console PRO and Vintage Black eQ PRO

Postby norburybrook » Tue May 04, 2010 9:27 pm

running an OC i7 at 4 ghz here with the MBC pro at 96k no problems.

One question,how do you end up with 9 gig of ram? surely it would be 6 or 12 gigs?

tri channel- 3x 2 gig= 6
3x 4 gig= 12

MC
norburybrook
User Level V
User Level V

Postby david1103 » Tue May 04, 2010 9:30 pm

http://www.memtest.org/

that will answer your question if your ram is having problems. leave it to run at least an hour.

anyone got any feedback on the new vintage black eq pro vs the excellent 5500 modern black eq?

i am wondering if it does sound somehow more 'vintage'? otherwise the modern black eq has much more options (i got that one)
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby AlexB » Tue May 04, 2010 9:51 pm

david1103 wrote:
anyone got any feedback on the new vintage black eq pro vs the excellent 5500 modern black eq?

i am wondering if it does sound somehow more 'vintage'? otherwise the modern black eq has much more options (i got that one)

Two different beasts, you can't compare them as "vs" while one can't substitute the other.

BMQ is modern sound, VBQ is vintage and more colored.
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby chagalj » Wed May 05, 2010 1:38 am

norburybrook wrote:running an OC i7 at 4 ghz here with the MBC pro at 96k no problems.

One question,how do you end up with 9 gig of ram? surely it would be 6 or 12 gigs?

tri channel- 3x 2 gig= 6
3x 4 gig= 12

MC

Well, I had 3x2GB of Corsair and recently bought 3x1GB of Patriot. Do you think that here could be a problem?
chagalj
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby norburybrook » Wed May 05, 2010 12:44 pm

Could be, I'd always match ram,just take out the 3x 1 gig sticks and test again.Otherwise run mem test and see how it fairs.

If you've now got all 6 slots filled you won't be able to OC your machine as much as if there are only 3.

On my machine I can have a stable 4 ghz OC with 6 gigs(3x2 gig sticks) but if I populate all slots and have 12(6x 2 gig sticks) I can't OC by much at all.I would suspect this is more your problem.

Marcus
norburybrook
User Level V
User Level V

Postby chagalj » Thu May 06, 2010 1:58 pm

Well, Im happy to say that I resolved my problems. After Norbury pointed out my potential RAM and OC problems, I flashed my BIOS to latest version, and messed around with OC ratios and voltages. I ended up with 3.2GHz CPU, and reduced RAM freq to 1266MHz. My temps are around 70C at full load and it is very stable.

I managed to load around 40 instances of Nebula 3 (non PRO) with MBC PRO and ran a project in loop for around 1 hour. With CPU at 95-98% I ended up without any freeze or crash. :D

Just one question: Why is my CPU working at full load when Im playing the project in real time and also the same when its stopped? Is this how Nebula works?
chagalj
User Level IV
User Level IV

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries