Login

Best all around EQs

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Best all around EQs

Postby Mercado_Negro » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:00 am

ericzang wrote:any audio examples of the siemens around? nothing on the CDSM website.

I wish I could upload some audio samples for you right now but I've run out of megas in my studio internet. I'll try to upload something next week.

If I were you I'd purchase it, though. I'm pretty sure you won't regret it :)
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby richie43 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:01 pm

ericzang wrote:any audio examples of the siemens around? nothing on the CDSM website.

I agree with MN; Buy this one. It is awesome, silky, and very sweet.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby lipa » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:10 am

I checked this thread again and I'm surprised that nobody said anything about Henry's eqs.. I know it's a different approach (talking about quick mix libraries), and I also hesitated a lot when I was buyin the first of those.. but boy I switched so quickly.. now I choose one preset to put the sound where I want overall and then fine tune with one or two bands of regular eq libs.. so now for me NV and GM families of libraries are most used all-arounders.. try one and see (I propose NV brassinator or NV acoustic since they have 44khz too and lots of presets).. it's cheap and sounds better than others.. (tube trek is still my favourite for sweet and 3D highs) ;)
lipa

Postby mr.tele » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:02 am

lipa wrote:I checked this thread again and I'm surprised that nobody said anything about Henry's eqs.. I know it's a different approach (talking about quick mix libraries), and I also hesitated a lot when I was buyin the first of those.. but boy I switched so quickly.. now I choose one preset to put the sound where I want overall and then fine tune with one or two bands of regular eq libs.. so now for me NV and GM families of libraries are most used all-arounders.. try one and see (I propose NV brassinator or NV acoustic since they have 44khz too and lots of presets).. it's cheap and sounds better than others.. (tube trek is still my favourite for sweet and 3D highs) ;)

+1 on all points.
mr.tele
User Level X
User Level X

Postby lipa » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:05 am

thx mr tele (is it telefunken? or telecaster?...) ;)

btw.. to all filter lovers.. there's gonna be a new library soon.. vintage synth filters pack.. i won't say anything more.. only one thing.. i've tried two presets and it sounds AWESOME! very warm and characterful.. :shock: :mrgreen:
lipa

Postby mr.tele » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:00 am

lipa wrote:thx mr tele (is it telefunken? or telecaster?...) ;)

It's telecaster, thanks for asking! :lol:
mr.tele
User Level X
User Level X

Postby babiuk » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:35 am

Telecaster fan here too ;)
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby mitch » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:46 am

For me am allarounder would be MWEQ, or German mastering console.

But the magic comes also with more specific eq's (tube, vintage, N**e, etc...) used on the right place: I am often surprised to find that none of my "usual" libraries really fits on a sound, so I try all of them, and then finally, I find one which fits perfectly!

There are so many different needs depending on the recording material and the place you want to give to a specific mic in the mix that having many libraries is the best way to improove the quality, even if it takes time and a little money...

regards
mitch
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby lipa » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:57 am

+1 for the above ;)

and the magic comes also with high-class monitors.. :mrgreen: mine came with adam s3x-v 8-)
lipa

Postby Melon_Jack » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:42 pm

Bump
Just purchased Mammoth EQ and Doc Fear. Both (and especially Mammoth) blow my ears f&cking away. Sound is outstanding! This is the first eq that ALWAYS sounds perfect!)
Sorry for my bad english =))
Melon_Jack

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries