Login

what 3rd party libraries is great for mastering?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: what 3rd party libraries is great for mastering?

Postby vicnestE » Sun May 02, 2010 7:26 pm

I think for songs full of digital VSTi and synth, it's possible to quickly add analog feeling by applying tape saturation on mastering. But mix it with enough saturation is a better way to control individual tracks and avoid squeezing sound.
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby ErotiCore SteNch » Sun May 02, 2010 11:02 pm

i gotta test this some more,but maybe someone with the r2r or tube booster,in your opinion can it replace psp vintagewarmer??
ErotiCore SteNch
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby Barendse » Mon May 03, 2010 9:21 am

ErotiCore SteNch wrote:i gotta test this some more,but maybe someone with the r2r or tube booster,in your opinion can it replace psp vintagewarmer??

VW is fake sounding tapesaturation to my ears (can sometimes be usefull for fatting up drumkits or synth)

With R2R + tapebooster you get more realistic tape saturation fx. For getting closer to the VW sound you can combine R2R+tapebooster with an multiband/limiter plug.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby ErotiCore SteNch » Mon May 03, 2010 4:49 pm

ive always only use the mastering and the first mixing preset on VW
ErotiCore SteNch
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby mertayy » Mon May 03, 2010 7:09 pm

ErotiCore SteNch wrote:ive always only use the mastering and the first mixing preset on VW

I never mind if a sound is close to the real thing or not as long as it makes a track sound better ;)

I found vw too aggressive but rather than such opinions I suggest you to do this; when mastering create 2 tracks and insert same track to each. While mastering with every fx you insert carefully adjust the gain to match the un-processed song, this will help your ears not to be fooled by gain change. When you decide on something, compare to the original track to see if it sounds nicer or not-if not then change your process to something else and move on until you can't make it sound better...
mertayy

Postby tumburu » Mon May 03, 2010 9:38 pm

I couldn't use VW in mastering, but I wouldn't use a tape program also. Maybe it's just me.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries