Login

Cassette Deck 1 - New Nebula tape set!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Cassette Deck 1 - New Nebula tape set!

Postby Cupwise » Tue May 10, 2011 9:15 pm

Finally, after many setbacks and delays, it's ready! This set was made with 11 different tapes, most NOS. The very well known Tascam 122 mkIII was used, and a quick online search can reveal a lot about the history of this deck. It was considered an industry standard in broadcasting and other fields.

Check out more info at the site. You can download the manual, a few demo programs, and listen to audio demos.

http://www.cupwise.com/CassetteDeck1.php

-Tim
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: Cassette Deck 1 - New Nebula tape set!

Postby elam » Wed May 11, 2011 4:09 am

That's great news Tim.
Seems like a dope library !
Definitely useful since we don't have high quality Cassette Deck except the small TEAC in R2R ...

Nebula was missing that !

Thanks.

PS: And the price is insane. ;)
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby jesse.nemitz » Wed May 11, 2011 7:10 am

been wanting these for a while. Great price. already purchased even without listening. Thanks for bringing me back to the early days!
jesse.nemitz
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby ngarjuna » Wed May 11, 2011 2:08 pm

Very excited to try these out! More tapes makes me warm inside.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby Metalblast » Thu May 12, 2011 10:23 am

Fuji CrO2 Dolby kills too !
Has somebody already tested the crystal high Sony Cassette from Nebula programs (2 years old) ?
Metalblast
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby woeischris » Fri May 13, 2011 7:06 pm

I'm gonna sample a Tascam PortaStudio 424 soon. Might be a cool effect or if nothing else a good joke when mixing with a client. :-)
woeischris

Postby Cupwise » Fri May 13, 2011 8:28 pm

I thought those would be good to sample too. I might be mistaken, but the problem is that none of them have 3 heads. If you look in the forums (maybe even over at the old acustica site), it's been discussed that with tapes the only way to get a good sample is with a 3 head machine so you can monitor off of the tape while recording, which minimizes wow/flutter.

I've never tried recording, rewinding, playing/sampling, which you would have to do with the porta (again, unless i'm mistaken). You might get something workable, but then if your tone set (used in sampling) is ~20min long, your 'wet' tones might be off by a small fraction of a second after you record them back to digital.

Then again, with some thought/luck, you may be able to get something good out of it. On my page for this set, you can see that I mentioned how I had to use Adobe Audition to remove some wow/flutter even though this deck DID have 3-head monitor while record ability. The programs were unusable without that 'restoration' step. It's probably still worth trying just to see. good luck!

-tim
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Sun May 15, 2011 8:07 pm

44khz versions are up now
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Sun May 15, 2011 10:59 pm

woeischris wrote:I'm gonna sample a Tascam PortaStudio 424 soon. Might be a cool effect or if nothing else a good joke when mixing with a client. :-)

Nothing wrong with that , Love character programs.It's good to have a large palette to work with you never know when you might need that sound

I actully think sampling bad cables would be great as you could get some real good mud when ya need .Just a thought I'm sure some classic records have been made with bad cables! Crazy stuff.

Does that sound wrong?
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Mon May 16, 2011 12:46 am

i forgot to mention earlier but anyone who has already bought the 96k set can get the 44.1k set just by emailing me (my email is on the contact page at the site).
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Return to 3rd party libraries