Login

Who Has the Best Nebula 3 Party Reverbs for Vocals etc??

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Who Has the Best Nebula 3 Party Reverbs for Vocals etc??

Postby apollo soul » Fri May 06, 2011 4:47 am

The vnxt stuff is truly the best out there IMO... but it's stuff not easily captured with other methods, and where all the algorithmic attempts fall flat. (real plates and springs)

Is there really any benefit, though, to using nebula instead of an IR verb like altiverb or space designer if you're looking for things like 480, 960, bricasti?

Is it actually better for those things?

Or, with the case of the 480, we have the very tweakable and user friendly Relab lx480. IMO, it sounds excellent, and the gadget it's replacing was something that should be able to be replicated ITB.

However, there are also many 480L IR libraries out there.

I have a few of them, but havent' bought any for nebula because I just don't see any reason why nebula would be any better for THOSE sorts of reverbs.

I'd love to be wrong, however, so if you have info on the subject, I'd love to hear it. I'd love any comparisons to relab as well, since it's striking me as goto in the 480 department.
apollo soul
User Level III
User Level III

Postby himhui » Fri May 06, 2011 10:34 am

The difference between nebula reverb and algo or IR convolution reverb to my ear is that dry sound goes inside the neb reverb and blend very well, on the otherhand dry sound seems to jump out from a space when I mute the nebula reverb.

I used to have reverb of vss3 , dvr2 and uad's. Nebula reverb sounds more creamy, dense and deep to me. At this moment, Valhalla shimmer/room is the only reverb I am willing to use after I owned nebula...
97v4 /Win7 x64 /64G ram /Nvidia Quadro K620
Reaper 5.29 /X-Touch
Prism Orpheus /RME Babyface Pro
himhui
Expert
Expert

Postby Mirco » Fri May 06, 2011 8:14 pm

himhui wrote:The difference between nebula reverb and algo or IR convolution reverb to my ear is that dry sound goes inside the neb reverb and blend very well, on the otherhand dry sound seems to jump out from a space when I mute the nebula reverb.

I used to have reverb of vss3 , dvr2 and uad's. Nebula reverb sounds more creamy, dense and deep to me. At this moment, Valhalla shimmer/room is the only reverb I am willing to use after I owned nebula...

beside all of this it is reacting more dynamically instead of working in a static manner like all other convolution-plugins. in this way it is possible to recreate subtle nuances! :idea:
Mirco

Postby Mirco » Fri May 06, 2011 8:27 pm

apollo soul wrote:
Is there really any benefit, though, to using nebula instead of an IR verb like altiverb or space designer if you're looking for things like 480, 960, bricasti?

Is it actually better for those things?

hi there,

well, nebula is working in its own way, so its also creates its own recreation! the examples that i posted are not a plate, a 480 or any other L*****n nor bricasti!

apollo soul wrote:Or, with the case of the 480, we have the very tweakable and user friendly Relab lx480. IMO, it sounds excellent, and the gadget it's replacing was something that should be able to be replicated ITB.

However, there are also many 480L IR libraries out there.

it's not a 480IR Library we're talking here! if you like the lx480, than use it! if you like nebula with it's addons than use nebula or both.
apollo soul wrote:I have a few of them, but havent' bought any for nebula because I just don't see any reason why nebula would be any better for THOSE sorts of reverbs.

because all are different! different samples, converters etc. also the engine of nebula is completely different to any other convolution-plugin.

the samples you can hear are using selfmade, selftweaked programs - and not stockpresets (most of the time)!

apollo soul wrote:I'd love to be wrong, however, so if you have info on the subject, I'd love to hear it. I'd love any comparisons to relab as well, since it's striking me as goto in the 480 department.

i could try to make a comparision, is there a relab demo? but we try to match two different reverb engines anyway....

ciao mirco :ugeek:
Mirco

Postby _Stevie_ » Sun May 08, 2011 9:43 pm

The biggest issue with Nebula reverb is the latency.
It makes it just unusable for me.
_Stevie_
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Mirco » Mon May 09, 2011 11:07 am

_Stevie_ wrote:The biggest issue with Nebula reverb is the latency.

hi,

most DAW's offer automatic delay compensation, that makes nebula a great mixing tool! i use it everyday here, and i have no latency issues here with ADC and nebula. which host / daw are you using ?

you can also tweak your plugin-xml-data to get a smaller latency, but that will go along with a jump in cpu-usage.

ciao mirco :ugeek:
Mirco

Postby enriquesilveti » Mon May 09, 2011 11:15 am

Are you trying to record and monitoring thru Nebula?

_Stevie_ wrote:The biggest issue with Nebula reverb is the latency.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby _Stevie_ » Mon May 09, 2011 1:25 pm

Hey guys,

I'm working solely with (orchestral) VST instruments.
Therefore I already need a good reverb in the composing process. I use Cubase 6, but when I use ADC, also my VST instruments have a higher latency. Impossible to record MIDI parts that way.

Reducing the latency in the XML will kill my CPU, I fear :lol:
_Stevie_
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Mirco » Tue May 10, 2011 6:23 pm

_Stevie_ wrote:Hey guys,

Therefore I already need a good reverb in the composing process. I use Cubase 6, but when I use ADC, also my VST instruments have a higher latency. Impossible to record MIDI parts that way.

ok, now i better understand your difficulties! nebula isn't suited yet to be at the stage of performing with it live! maybe with the new cuda-bridge and better cpu's it will happen to get more out of the reverb-engine of nebula and get it to work in a live situation. the only platform that i know of and which offers high quality is TDM. but i don't see nebula being ported to TDM in the near future.

maybe i can make smaller programs out of it, which can be tuned for live perfomance. i will test!!!

ciao mirco :geek:
Mirco

Postby enriquesilveti » Tue May 10, 2011 7:03 pm

_Stevie_ wrote:Hey guys,

Contact me thru MP, maybe I have an simple solution.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries