Login

Bricasti reverb for Nebula users

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Bricasti reverb for Nebula users

Postby cdsoundmaster » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:08 pm

Regarding the Bricasti,
It has been a priority for a long time and the last I made arrangements with Casey they were making technical improvements and requested more time.
Since then, I have been waiting to be certain that all updates to the Neb engine have been made so that it is as ideal a port to Neb as it can be.
Yes, I intend not only for it to be free, but I hope for it to help bring more attention to the most updated Neb technology.
I will be doing this for no charge or earnings, and it will take an incredible amount of testing, sampling, and editing time. It is worth making sure that all the technology is in place and making proper preparations.
I cannot give any ETA as there are things that have to be worked out first. But, I know that Bricasti seems to continue to be dedicated to making it happen and so am I.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby tumburu » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:10 pm

That's really good news, thank you.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby marcpl » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:00 pm

thanks michael, that's very cool of you. can't wait.

FWIW, I personally feel like i've paid pennies-on-the-dollar for my cdsoundmaster libraries and i've got quite a few.

regards,
marco
marcpl
User Level X
User Level X

Postby SWAN » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:04 am

thats great - I wonder if it could be a 'donate' project...it would be so sick if there could be reverb time settings...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby BLUESMAN » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:07 am

cdsoundmaster wrote:Regarding the Bricasti,
It has been a priority for a long time and the last I made arrangements with Casey they were making technical improvements and requested more time.
Since then, I have been waiting to be certain that all updates to the Neb engine have been made so that it is as ideal a port to Neb as it can be.
Yes, I intend not only for it to be free, but I hope for it to help bring more attention to the most updated Neb technology.
I will be doing this for no charge or earnings, and it will take an incredible amount of testing, sampling, and editing time. It is worth making sure that all the technology is in place and making proper preparations.
I cannot give any ETA as there are things that have to be worked out first. But, I know that Bricasti seems to continue to be dedicated to making it happen and so am I.

So true stereo for left and right channels would be wonderful to show the potential of nebula.
BLUESMAN
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Garlu » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:51 am

+1 for true stereo reverb.

+10000 for making it as "donationware". You can make people get it for free if they want but, also, I´d put a "donation" button. I would be happy to donate some money for such a project. I am not rich but I know the time and effort it takes to do something like it...

Keep on the good way, Michael! :D
Garlu
User Level I
User Level I

Postby giancarlo » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:26 am

I agree, it's better if we wait for true stereo implementation. It's in our list of priorities, I think it will be delivered just after CUDA (this time CUDA is a BIG CoreII implementation).
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby ericus » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:23 pm

giancarlo wrote:I agree, it's better if we wait for true stereo implementation. It's in our list of priorities, I think it will be delivered just after CUDA (this time CUDA is a BIG CoreII implementation).

Nebula is always going forward...I love it! :mrgreen:
ericus

Postby BLUESMAN » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:43 am

giancarlo wrote:I agree, it's better if we wait for true stereo implementation. It's in our list of priorities, I think it will be delivered just after CUDA (this time CUDA is a BIG CoreII implementation).

It must be working with 2 instance of nebula,one for the left true stereo channel and one for the right.
BLUESMAN
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Tim Petherick » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:53 pm

I'm interested on how this will effect cpu,will the use of a gpu make a big difference to the power of nebula?

If so will a mid priced graphics card be good enough?

Tim
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries