Login

Frequency Tweakers B: 6-tube Philco Amp w/EQ & an auto-wah!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Frequency Tweakers B: 6-tube Philco Amp w/EQ & an auto-wah!

Postby Cupwise » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:27 pm

This entry in the series focuses on an old 6-tube Philco amplifier that was pulled out of an old phonograph console from the 50's.

It was sampled extensively, in 3 separate hardware chains, to produce 3 different 'flavors' to use in Nebula. Each were sampled with the 2 EQ controls on the unit, bass and treble. On top of that, all 3 also include DYNAMICS. So, for every combination of the bass/treble controls you use in Nebula, you are getting a fully dynamic recreation of the tube amp! This is unique in the Nebula world (and requires lots of time and samples to do properly).

The other effects in the set are auto-wahs. They also involved use of the amp in their creation. There is a peak and shelf filter, both of which react to the level of input audio. 2 versions- one has filters moving in one direction, the other has them going the opposite. This thing has very in depth controls for a Nebula program.

There are audio demos at the site, along with demo programs which should work with free Nebula. The manual is there, and you can grab it to see frequency response graphs for all of these effects, as well as more info explaining what kind of control you get with the wahs.

http://www.cupwise.com/cup/nebula-release-frequency-tweakers-b-philco-tube-amp-weq-auto-wah/

-tim
Last edited by Cupwise on Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: Frequency Tweakers B: 6-tube Philco Amp w/EQ & an auto-wah!

Postby elam » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:00 pm

Wow that's sounds good!
Another unique creation!
Cupwise wrote:console from the 50's.

I'm sure that Babiuk will like this one ;)
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Cupwise » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:52 pm

i'd also like to point out that i've added new audio demo clips for the previously released 'frequency tweakers A' set. i scrapped the old ones that were there to show off the LP filter, and replaced with one longer one that i think does a MUCH better job of showing what the filter can do. cutoff, res, and trim (it is a dynamic filter) are all being automated, along with gain out to compensate for when cutoff goes down low.
then i also added some clips for the EQ (there were none for it before).

i like what i did with the lp clip, so i'm going out of my way to point it out. ;)
http://www.cupwise.com/cup/nebula-release-frequency-tweakers-a/
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby babiuk » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:42 pm

Cupwise wrote:
console from the 50's.

I'm sure that Babiuk will like this one
elam

Yes, I'm looking forward to try it this weekend, hehe
Thanks, Cupwise, for this old gear ;)
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Return to 3rd party libraries