Login

Getting a Tight 808 Boooom Sound Using Nebula/#rd Party Libr

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Getting a Tight 808 Boooom Sound Using Nebula/#rd Party Libr

Postby KP2009 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:35 am

Hello wondering anyone has a Good Combo or what suggestions for getting a Great Tight Solid 808 Boom Sound with awesome low end that can be heard in large and smaller speakers that You Hear in todays Popular South Music!!

Any Suggestions here for using Nebula to acheive this or if not which plugin combo would work 3rd party...??

here is example song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2MVzP4MaJ0

I'm sure some will not like this music but we have to mix, need some input on getting this type of sound from the 808 Boom...

Thanks for any help!
:)
KP2009
User Level X
User Level X

Re: Getting a Tight 808 Boooom Sound Using Nebula/#rd Party Libr

Postby Definity » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:42 am

to me just sounds like a normal 808 just been through a nice compressor, EG S*L. il give it ago see if i get anything popin' if so i will give ya a shout!
Definity

Postby KP2009 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:10 am

THanks For your Reply, Hope others will pop in with their thoughts as well!!
KP2009
User Level X
User Level X

Postby ngarjuna » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:56 pm

Personally I love the Globe Console (CDSoundmaster) for its handling of low-end heavy program material.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby Mercado_Negro » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:13 pm

MLC IL4 + PCS THD3 + VBeQ LFp at 100Hz + W295B MF at 3.5kHz + Sonalksis SV-315mkII
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby KP2009 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:55 pm

Wow We Need More Nebula Libraries to get that sound then.... :oops: :D
KP2009
User Level X
User Level X

Postby ngarjuna » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:29 pm

KP2009 wrote:Wow We Need More Nebula Libraries to get that sound then.... :oops: :D

I think you could get "that sound" with most (if not all) of the Nebula libraries; the real key to getting a particular sound is knowing what you're doing, most audio tools have enough range to accomplish multiple tasks. Understanding how to use the particular libraries you do own already is far more important than a laundry list of the libraries some of the rest of use. Honestly, it's not one Nebula library or another that's going to get you to that point, it's general knowledge of mixing kick drums and a good starting point in terms of which of your Nebula programs do what.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby elam » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:39 pm

ngarjuna wrote:I think you could get "that sound" with most (if not all) of the Nebula libraries; the real key to getting a particular sound is knowing what you're doing, most audio tools have enough range to accomplish multiple tasks. Understanding how to use the particular libraries you do own already is far more important than a laundry list of the libraries some of the rest of use. Honestly, it's not one Nebula library or another that's going to get you to that point, it's general knowledge of mixing kick drums and a good starting point in terms of which of your Nebula programs do what.

That's the answer... Everything's said ...
Oh and know your Hip Hop history ... dig in the 30+ years of culture listen and learn ...

PS: You will soon discover that the "Teflon Don" is really full of sh&*^t...
Good luck.
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby HIFIDELITY » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:40 pm

by ngarjuna » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:56 pm

Personally I love the Globe Console (CDSoundmaster) for its handling of low-end heavy program material.----
MF
@ngarjuna
ngarjuna

Hi Ngarjuna, This is very intresting! I produce/Mix Drum and Bass and am always in search for tools to control and enhance the low end elements of my work! I use the CLC for console emulation,i like the punch and depth it brings to the low-mids! What is it about the Globe you like when it comes to bass heavy material? Im in the market for a new console and your comment about the Globe sounds right up my streeet :mrgreen:
HIFIDELITY
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby ngarjuna » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:23 am

HIFIDELITY wrote:Re: Getting a Tight 808 Boooom Sound Using Nebula/#rd Party Libr
by ngarjuna » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:56 pm

Personally I love the Globe Console (CDSoundmaster) for its handling of low-end heavy program material.----
MF
@ngarjuna
ngarjuna

Hi Ngarjuna, This is very intresting! I produce/Mix Drum and Bass and am always in search for tools to control and enhance the low end elements of my work! I use the CLC for console emulation,i like the punch and depth it brings to the low-mids! What is it about the Globe you like when it comes to bass heavy material? Im in the market for a new console and your comment about the Globe sounds right up my streeet :mrgreen:

The frequency curve. I am not entirely sure what it's doing to be honest (where it cuts and/or boosts) but I find that starting with that (as opposed to whatever console I'm generally emulating on the rest of my tracks) I save myself a whole bunch of eq'ing down the line. I wasn't in love with the full mixes I did with Globe when I was comparing consoles on various mixes around here but it's just the trick for certain things so it gets used very regularly; when you have TNT, GLB, CLC, VBC, MWC, MBC, BBC, Bogen (I know, I have a problem) to choose from, it's saying something that the Globe is used in a good majority of my mixes, albeit rarely as a full console emulation.

CDsoundmaster's website seems to be down at the moment (maybe they're refreshing content) so I'm not sure if there's a demo program but definitely check it out if there is.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Return to 3rd party libraries