Login

GMC from Alexb

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: GMC from Alexb

Postby Barendse » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:55 am

AlexB wrote:As said the console has been recapped with better electrolytics and now it sounds more detailed and with more dynamics and better 3 dimensional soundstage.
The upgrade will be out with his mastering compressor in the next months, free upgrade for the GMC and discounted price for the GMD (N*****n U473).

Great great great!
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:16 pm

Mimi wrote:Well .. if you want a compressor N**e for VBC I suggest the Fate compressor...He is the Buss Compressor of console N**e 8014 will be released soon libraries 96KHZ...
I'm waiting the buss compressor N**e Portico 5088 of console white...Our much I would love this compressor. :mrgreen: :lol:

Is it going to be released as 96k?, things went quiet and i assumed it wasn't going to happen anytime soon.I was well aware that this was the correct compressor for the 80 series N**e's.But I only work in 96k.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby AlexB » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:40 am

I think to release ALL my libraries, olds and news, at 96kHz and 44.1kHz. Also, the vintage N**e 33609 will come with other compressors in the next months...
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby zaminx » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:30 am

AlexB wrote:I think to release ALL my libraries, olds and news, at 96kHz and 44.1kHz. Also, the vintage N**e 33609 will come with other compressors in the next months...

Great new about 44.1khz that will save me a lot of loading time :)
zaminx
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby faun2500 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:46 am

Yeah that's cool.
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Spacey » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:46 pm

However this winter I have recapped this console with better caps (rare Rubycon instead Nichicon and Panasonic) and the sound has been improved in depth and width and a little in details. I think to resample the whole console in the next month: input, eQ, compressor, mixbuss.

Really? I mean no offence but I was certain that changing the 'caps' on anything would make no difference in the sound of anything?

It's a bit like having 'one way' cables, sonic pebbles that are taped to the audio cables for extra 'clarity and width to the sound' or cables that have been 'run in'. Please correct me if I am wrong though. :?
Spacey
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Tim Petherick » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:48 pm

Spacey wrote:
However this winter I have recapped this console with better caps (rare Rubycon instead Nichicon and Panasonic) and the sound has been improved in depth and width and a little in details. I think to resample the whole console in the next month: input, eQ, compressor, mixbuss.

Really? I mean no offence but I was certain that changing the 'caps' on anything would make no difference in the sound of anything?

It's a bit like having 'one way' cables, sonic pebbles that are taped to the audio cables for extra 'clarity and width to the sound' or cables that have been 'run in'. Please correct me if I am wrong though. :?

Type of caps make a big difference!! And the direction thing I think is true in caps (break in)not so much cables.I recaped my guitar amp with hi-fi caps instead of orange drops and there was a massive difference .In the tonestack I changed them to alu foil/wax caps.I one day turned one of the paper wax caps (Non-polarized)around the other way by accident and it sounded completely different!! so i turned it back :P

but this only my exp with guitar amps .Can't say for pro audio .Caps are usaully top anyway I guess in this type of equipment.

I think Alex is also talking about the electrolytic?Which need replacing often in older equipment.

I guess We'll find out soon.I'm looking forward to hearing it with the new components!
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby AlexB » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:26 am

Caps are one of the main audio characteristics in an hardware, as IC, tubes and resistors. Every component reacts in different way and imprint his sound. Cheap, slow caps sound muddy, unfocused with narrow frequency response. For example I don't love much Panasonic FC/FM since they sound a little harsh in the hi-mid. The same for the cable. A very good cable doesn't add anything at the signal BUT doesn't take off anything. A cheap cable yes, take off a lot of information: Digital or Analog. If you have good room, monitors and ears you can easily feel the differences. As you will feel with the new GMC: the same hardware, the same sampling process but just differents caps. ;)
However the marketing makes money from some myths, thanks to audiophiles...
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby sfunk » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:06 pm

AlexB wrote:Caps are one of the main audio characteristics in an hardware, as IC, tubes and resistors. Every component reacts in different way and imprint his sound. Cheap, slow caps sound muddy, unfocused with narrow frequency response. For example I don't love much Panasonic FC/FM since they sound a little harsh in the hi-mid. The same for the cable. A very good cable doesn't add anything at the signal BUT doesn't take off anything. A cheap cable yes, take off a lot of information: Digital or Analog. If you have good room, monitors and ears you can easily feel the differences. As you will feel with the new GMC: the same hardware, the same sampling process but just differents caps. ;)
However the marketing makes money from some myths, thanks to audiophiles...

Alex this is interesting as i always thought wire was wire. Why would an expensive cable be better than an inexpensive one assuming they are simply wire, same length and same thickness?
sfunk

Postby zeyoung » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:52 pm

AlexB wrote:For example I don't love much Panasonic FC/FM since they sound a little harsh in the hi-mid.

which caps do you prefer,that sound good to your ear?
zeyoung

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries