Login

GMC from Alexb

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: GMC from Alexb

Postby RJHollins » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:20 pm

AlexB wrote:Yes, I speak about GMC.

This is wonderful news !

I have purchased every console lib that you have created ... but when it comes to the mastering stage
I have found the GMC to be the most 'neutral' [even
though I can hear it sonic imprint in headphones - Senn HD-650] console for this task.

With the need for most projects requiring a mastering session ... I very much look forward to the release of this critical tool ! :D

Again ... thank-you for your diligent effort in providing quality tools. 8-)

Sincerely.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby Barendse » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:54 pm

Great news! Looking forward.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby TranscendingMusic » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:28 am

Of course there's a sonic imprint. In fact it's rather silly to call it transparent. Otherwise there would be no need to run through it! You should remember, the hardware needed to be transparent during the time of just sending analog signals through various signal paths. THat was all relative though, it was "most" transparent or more transparent. But anyway, if you work in the digital domain, think about it, there's no need to run through "transparency summing". It's digital: if you want it transparent, leave it as is.

GMC is a fine library btw
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby anthonyw » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:23 am

Looking forward to the updated version of GMC! :mrgreen:
anthonyw
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby KP2009 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:28 am

We Love To get The Update when Released, Awesome Work so Far AlexB!!!
KP2009
User Level X
User Level X

Postby darren » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:38 pm

nino wrote:at Yamaha HS50M with HS10W you can really hear difference for any of Alexb library preset(consoles,preamps..),
GMC is great, add 4db of 40hz (if your mix lacks bass of course) and bass gets separated and augmented in such a pleasant way.

Tested all consoles (from alexb demo listening room)
at Genelec 1038 and they differ even more on those monitors.

Yep, the EQ is great. I hope to get some time on speakers this weekend to properly evaluate the effect of the input/output stages of the GMC library.
I've been mixing/mastering at a pro level for 17 years now so I know what subtle means - and I have some great monitors even at my small home setup. I have no doubt that the GMC does nice things.. I am looking forward to hearing what it does and then being able to apply it .. rather than simply hoping it does something and using it arbitrarily.
darren
User Level X
User Level X

Postby faun2500 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:59 pm

I also use GMC. What will the 'upgrade' include. How will it be different or better (or both! :)
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby AlexB » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:09 am

As said the console has been recapped with better electrolytics and now it sounds more detailed and with more dynamics and better 3 dimensional soundstage.
The upgrade will be out with his mastering compressor in the next months, free upgrade for the GMC and discounted price for the GMD (N*****n U473).
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:17 am

AlexB wrote:As said the console has been recapped with better electrolytics and now it sounds more detailed and with more dynamics and better 3 dimensional soundstage.
The upgrade will be out with his mastering compressor in the next months, free upgrade for the GMC and discounted price for the GMD (N*****n U473).

Can't imagine this sounding any better than it already is . :)

This,the VBC and 73eq have been saving my harsh 44.1 tracks that recorded when had not so great equipment.

Will the VBD be out soon too? i'd love to get the complete picture of the N*ve desk!
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Mimi » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:24 am

Well .. if you want a compressor N**e for VBC I suggest the Fate compressor...He is the Buss Compressor of console N**e 8014 will be released soon libraries 96KHZ...
I'm waiting the buss compressor N**e Portico 5088 of console white...Our much I would love this compressor. :mrgreen: :lol:
Mimi

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries