Re: AlexB - Tape and Saturators FX

Postby maniak » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:21 am

Waiting 8-)
maniak
User Level X
User Level X

Postby lipa » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:19 pm

to me... it`s a very nice collection.. very wide pallete of sounds.. DTE is my favourite - very nice colour and texture. To anyone curious: ANM is more punchy than any of Henry's volumes so far..(MWT is even more punchy!!) but on the other hand - Henry's volumes have sweeter highs roll-off (more than any TSX program). It's nice to see how all those recent libraries are complimenting each other! 8-)
lipa

Postby ce1909 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:00 pm

lipa wrote:to me... it`s a very nice collection.. very wide pallete of sounds.. DTE is my favourite - very nice colour and texture. To anyone curious: ANM is more punchy than any of Henry's volumes so far..(MWT is even more punchy!!) but on the other hand - Henry's volumes have sweeter highs roll-off (more than any TSX program). It's nice to see how all those recent libraries are complimenting each other! 8-)

I tried the demos & honestly didn't hear any type of processing or effect using the DTE for mastering even when adjusting the sat.

Do the other presets have more coloration or noticeable effect?
Also how did you try/ do you like the DTE comp for mastering? How does it compare to S*L, Softube etc..?

Thanks
i7 5820k, 32GB RAM, Win7 x64
ce1909
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby anthonyw » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:48 am

Out of demoing these four programs FTS is definitely the one I hear doing the nicest things. I'll get that one. :D
anthonyw
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby lordnielson » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:38 am

Bought the bundle. Think they're all great.
lordnielson

Postby CoolColJ » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:06 am

Anamod ATS-1, DTE?, Fatso, Portico 8-)

Example clips!

Just a little ITB demo track I did a while back - all the sounds did go through a N**e 1084 Preamp program, and then compressed with a Softube CL1B plugin compreesor - so it's not like the original doesn't have colour already :)
Even then these programs still add mojo ontop

I tried to used middling programs - and all with 1db of saturation/warmth dialed up. Input set a -18dBfs.
The DTE Mastering compressor was set to compress about 2+db or so, makeup gain at 2db
The MWT sounds hollow at the 2 lower SAT programs, but SAT3 and up, the bass blooms and there is a softening creamy, chorusey effect - very nice on vocals!
The DTE has a tubey sound, as it does have valves in it. The SAT1 clips shows this
FTS - with the tranny kicked in, makes the bass a louder, purry and growlier...

The processed clips do have some higher peaks in a few, so a limiter maybe needed to keep these in check, and may sound louder, but I didn't increase the volume. The added harmonics do that :)

regarding the Anamod program - It's not the 351, I asked AlexB about it
Custom card and modified unit.

Anyway I think they're all useful for different things and quite obviously coloured, worth getting the bundle.
On my Event Opals, the difference is pretty audibly, if you can't hear it, time for new monitoring chain and room!

clips split in 2 different directories - enjoy!
http://www.members.optushome.com.au/blitzforce/TSX/
http://www.members.optushome.com.au/coolcolj2/TSX/
CoolColJ
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby Goldfish » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:10 pm

Wow! This is indeed fantastic news. I've been hoping for some kick ass tape libraries from maestro Alex. This sounds amazing, I HAVE get these immediately.
Goldfish
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby lipa » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:25 am

I dont know what the demo presets are.. but in the bundle You can easily find DTE coloured..choose more sat programs.. I too can easily hear colors on my new monitoring chain :P (adam s3x-v)
..as to compressor it sounds very ok.. I would say a small step up to what 4kd or fnx can produce but it's one setting only... works or not.. I still prefer the glue on master and the new cd soundmasters tdc on busses/tracks ;)
lipa

Postby sneaky » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:29 am

very easy controlling sweetening and analog-ising :D stereo guitar, keyboard and drum buss tracks with FTS bus comp. Im impressed.
sneaky

Postby richie43 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:14 pm

There are so many tape libraries for Nebula these days, and because I am such a "neb-u-holic", I will admit that I have most of them. I bought these by Alex when they first came out because I trust Alex B's work, his stuff is always awesome. But I hadn't spent much time with them until recently, and I needed to jump into this thread to say that they are great. I am especially loving the different "compressor" presets. Even with the fixed attack and release, his choices were good and I am finding them much more useful than I had imagined.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries