Login

Moogerfooger MF-101

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Moogerfooger MF-101

Postby Renan L.B » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:47 am

I entirely agree. To me all plugins out there sounds lifeless, colorless and harsh in a metallic/plastic way and there's also the degrading aspects too (freq/dynamics and stereo image wise)

I like to associate colors with sound qualities so for me:

Brighter Red = distortion/saturation

Red = organic/pleasant/warm

Purple = sweetner/deharsher

Blue = Airy, Silky,

Grey = 99% of plugins out there. so far i only heard TRUE coloring with Nebula. Maybe i can associate Harshness/Hollowness/Narrowness/Emptyness to this color..

But hey of course not all plugins out there are useless. There is even good and trusty old stuff who still keeps unmatched to this day on what it does (technical wise and not quality wise.)
Renan L.B
User Level II
User Level II

Re: Moogerfooger MF-101

Postby Mirco » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:39 am

davidgary73 wrote:@Micro

I notice the Moog preset names has changed to:

RELS_MOOGEDLOWPASS1.N2P
RELS_MOOGEDLOWPASS2.N2P

Is this correct?

yes, i think that's the one! the first without stone, second one with stone activated.

what is stone ? :mrgreen:

STONE is a technology developed by Acustica Audio in order to correct the wrong frequency and phase response in the low end and hi end present in the analog/digital converters. A minimum phase filter is applied to sampled signal in order to linearize the response.
This feature could be useful to avoid roll off preset into analog gear when attempting create an emulation preset for mastering task.

ciao mirco
Mirco

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries