Login

roomhunters?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

roomhunters?

Postby kolton » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:48 pm

hi,
i'm wondering if anyone knows if the roomhunters company still exists. i purchase their presets for nebula and had some issues getting nebula to see them. i contacted roomhunters and got a prompt response. i tried their suggestions but they didn't help.
i have sent emails 4 or 5 times back over several weeks to continue trying to work this out, but i roomhunters have not responded since the first time. so i guess i thought i'd ask if they were still in business.

thanks,
dan
kolton
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: roomhunters?

Postby mathias » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:11 pm

what is your problem not seeing them?
maybe the community can help you here.
don't know about roomhunters being in or out of business, but i have their presets running well here.

mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby kolton » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:33 pm

mathias, thanks so much for responding. i believe i have installed everything in the correct places, as someone at roomhunters sent directions and i think i have it correct.
when i look at the list of presets in the vst and the au version (i'm on a mac)the presets don't show in the list.
i have other 3rd party nebula plugs that do, so i hope i'm understanding the install process properly. i'm assuming it's the same as the presets that i can see.

any ideas? thanks again for being willing to try and help.

dan
kolton
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby indravayu » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:11 pm

kolton wrote:mathias, thanks so much for responding. i believe i have installed everything in the correct places, as someone at roomhunters sent directions and i think i have it correct.
when i look at the list of presets in the vst and the au version (i'm on a mac)the presets don't show in the list.
i have other 3rd party nebula plugs that do, so i hope i'm understanding the install process properly. i'm assuming it's the same as the presets that i can see.

any ideas? thanks again for being willing to try and help.

dan

Have you tried deleting the temp files in your Nebulatemprepository folder?
SYSTEM:
MB: Intel DP35DP
RAM: 8GB
DAW: Sonar Producer 64bit
indravayu
User Level II
User Level II

Postby kolton » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:02 am

hi indravayu,
no i have not tried that but i will and report back.
thanks you for the suggestion!

dan
kolton
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby mathias » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:32 am

hi dan,
sometimes it helps to run the authorization file again - the one you got from acustica-audio, when you sent your .ser-file to them.

i assume you are running nebula pro.
did you have the free version installed before?
sometimes a mixup of both can give troubles.

you can force nebula to rescan all libraries, when you delete the files in the temp folder (in nebulatemprepository-folder) and the scanboot.xml in the setup folder.

good luck!

mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby kolton » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:55 am

hi,
i went to delete the temp files in the nebulatemprepository folder and can't find that location.
is it possible that those temp files are somewhere else in the mac architecture?

thanks again,
dan
kolton
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Nooorway » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:03 pm

kolton wrote:hi,
i went to delete the temp files in the nebulatemprepository folder and can't find that location.
is it possible that those temp files are somewhere else in the mac architecture?

/Library/Audio/Presets/AcusticaAudio/Nebula3/Temp
Nooorway
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Room Hunters » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:31 pm

kolton wrote:hi,
i purchase their presets for nebula and had some issues getting nebula to see them. i contacted roomhunters and got a prompt response. i tried their suggestions but they didn't help.
i have sent emails 4 or 5 times back over several weeks to continue trying to work this out, but i roomhunters have not responded since the first time. so i guess i thought i'd ask if they were still in business.

thanks,
dan

Hello Kolton,

Sorry for your issue, Sorry you felt ignored...

Our server is not working very well, the dynamic stuff is a bit clunky,the last mail we received from you just sayed "text" .
We're not sure our mail are correctly delivered, as well . :/

Do you still have your issue ?
It seems nobody had problem using the commercial version... (the main issue was the download process, it has been fixed since there is a miror).
Up-to-date registred nebula should works.

To answer your other question, we are still alive, but we are still very very busy.

We certainly should use a decent server to avoid this kind of misunderstanding...

Thanks to the others for their help !
Virtual Room Miking ?
Room Hunters!
Room Hunters
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby kolton » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:05 pm

hi,
no i wasn't worried about feeling ignored, i was just concerned that something had happened to your company.
i hope i wasn't out of place posting that, i didn't mean to be.
i haven't gotten a chance to try everything that was suggested yet as i'm working on a deadline but i'd like to thank everyone for their help. it's great to find helpful individuals on forums.

i should have some time soon to see if i can work out my issues and am exited to hear the plugin.

thanks again,
dan
kolton
User Level 0
User Level 0

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries