Login

THE Drum Compressor - CDSoundMaster !!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: THE Drum Compressor - CDSoundMaster !!!

Postby lipa » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:31 am

so how's everybody feeling about TDC after using it? To me it's just MIGHTY! :)
now i need tube booster to couple with those tube comps!
lipa

Postby SWAN » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:35 pm

have to say the demos sound really good. I have 2 analogue compressors good for drums but I want to check out the quality of this Lib...I wonder if anyone will do some tests against hardware...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby cps418 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:03 pm

I know it may sound cooky, but has anyone tried these presets on the master bus. I just tried the demo on my mas bus and the results sound real neck and neck with the general purpose neb. comps.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby lipa » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:54 pm

i've tried on master couple of times but since You can' tweak attack and release it's usually hard to match presets to the material..and there are some artifacts.. much less noticable then with normal nebula comps.. but still there are some (jumpy/grainy levels on release etc), also there's no real/hard slamming and instant (0-1ms attack) compression presets but those that are in the lib work great and are extreme enough for most drums mixing.. overal - very happy with this lib ;)
lipa

Postby cdsoundmaster » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:53 am

Each program has its own unique attack-release. None of these are designed for full master bus, but you will get the most out of drum bus and overhead programs for experimenting on master bus, and would be easier to deal with with reduced levels, probably -5dB peak. But still, it is called THE Drum Compressor for a reason :-) Other specific instrument/purposed releases are in the works! :-)
Regarding 0-1ms attack- not in Neb.
Hard slamming inside THE Drum Comp- I think there are definitely real hard-slamming programs. Usually software algo's tend to get more extreme because they fall apart much easier trying to sustain drums with look ahead and fast attack, but this is still something usually left for hardware. Either way- yes there are definitely some extremes with the fastest attack that aren't going to happen here- but the places to find that are all over the place from every software company. I'd challenge any of them to grab the drum bus or oh's like this collection does. That is the goal anyway; to exemplify what Nebula can do an amazing job with and not to try to force it to do what is best left to other processes.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cps418 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:32 am

cdsoundmaster wrote:Each program has its own unique attack-release. None of these are designed for full master bus, but you will get the most out of drum bus and overhead programs for experimenting on master bus, and would be easier to deal with with reduced levels, probably -5dB peak. But still, it is called THE Drum Compressor for a reason :-) Other specific instrument/purposed releases are in the works! :-)
Regarding 0-1ms attack- not in Neb.
Hard slamming inside THE Drum Comp- I think there are definitely real hard-slamming programs. Usually software algo's tend to get more extreme because they fall apart much easier trying to sustain drums with look ahead and fast attack, but this is still something usually left for hardware. Either way- yes there are definitely some extremes with the fastest attack that aren't going to happen here- but the places to find that are all over the place from every software company. I'd challenge any of them to grab the drum bus or oh's like this collection does. That is the goal anyway; to exemplify what Nebula can do an amazing job with and not to try to force it to do what is best left to other processes.
I do use ozone 's multi dynamic section with my neb. comps so that does give me the attack i need.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby cdsoundmaster » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:12 am

Hi Swan,
I'd be happy to do some samples. If you want you can send me some short loops or bus/individ settings dry and your fav hardware settings and I can send some variations from the collection- not to try to match but to show quality level and diverse options.

SWAN wrote:have to say the demos sound really good. I have 2 analogue compressors good for drums but I want to check out the quality of this Lib...I wonder if anyone will do some tests against hardware...
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Tim Petherick » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:25 pm

I must say , that this libary along with r2r tape booster ,tubebooster and the latest putec are the real deal. The compression sounds right to me , much better than before.
I think I could do entire mixes with just these.

One thing I would like to see from Michael would be a panner.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:31 pm

One other thing ,if cuda bridge were to work with everything , we really would have a beast!! Hope to see this happen one day.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby babiuk » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:06 am

I bought it blindly 2 days ago and today I had a little time to try it. It´s amazing!!!

I find it highly useful and "instantaneous working". It´s just trying the different programs and finding the right one which works for your track. I even find that I prefer to try every program "as is" more than changing settings, cos every one was born with a target, so I can see fastly which program is closer to the sound I´m after at every song.

Thanks, Michael, it´s amazing what just one simple program can do.
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries