Login

THE Drum Compressor - CDSoundMaster !!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: THE Drum Compressor - CDSoundMaster !!!

Postby RJHollins » Wed May 30, 2012 3:26 am

Hi Michael,

Apologies for the slight delay in getting back to you.

I HAD to put my order in FIRST !! :lol:

BTW ...

Thankyou for the '$pecial' courtesy for previous customers !

Sincerely.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Wed May 30, 2012 4:37 am

This library is blowing me away. :shock: Just had to say that.
Take the time to learn what the different presets do, and play around with the levels going in, it makes huge differences. But if you are the type who thinks "set-it-and-forget-it" presets are bogus, these may change your mind. There are some tweakable parameters, but if you pay attention to the levels hitting these, many can just be loaded and used as-is! Incredible stuff Michael!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Definity » Wed May 30, 2012 4:49 am

i agree guys this is one sick library now I wonder what comps where done and how they where done, the most annoying thing is my monitors broke yesterday and I can only listen on is crappy £15 sound speakers,

still listening on them this morning made me buy this library straight away!
Definity

Postby richie43 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:41 am

The manual is pretty explicit about what types of compressors each preset is sampled from, but I think the idea behind this whole library is to get away from what specific brand of compressor we are hearing and more into what sound works for different needs. There has been a growing level of grumbling around these forums about some recent compressor libraries because due to the nature of Nebula, certain aspects (especially regarding compression) can not be faithfully reproduced to be exact enough to certain compressors and people start to question the devs. So instead of worrying about brands and certain models, Michael has gathered what he felt are the best various hardware compressors for many different drum needs (and at different input levels-NOW we know why he gave us that awesome free "Level" set of presets!!) and packaged them up as one humongous and ultra-useful Nebula library. I could care less which compressors they are because they sound great and are easy to use. Michael actually made a great decision, in my opinion, by leaving out any hardware brand names. These will either sound great to you and you will buy them and use them to enhance your audio, or not. I am very skeptical about any presets that are supposedly tailored for specific uses, but these really nail many, and I have barely begun to learn them all.
I am not an employee of CDSoundmaster, nor do I gain by anyone buying his products. Michael just makes great audio tools and I feel like people need to talk about the really great libraries he has brought us. This is truly a great one.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Martinez » Wed May 30, 2012 7:25 am

Word richie!

We really are spoild to have such excellent dev's working to cater to our every need.
Martinez

Postby lipa » Wed May 30, 2012 7:28 am

So... anyone made a slightest comparision to 76D/GMD/Fenix/4KD/MWD??
also.. I'll ask here.. Hey Michael! Congratulations on releasing such a big lib!! Would You be so kind and let people read full list of programs? I know it's 800 of them.. I'd love to browse through them anyway.. It helps to override my inner paypal button brakes :P

and I'm touched by Your loss definity.. :cry:
hope they wasn't adams.. I bought s3x-v a month ago and I'm the happies man on earth 8-) ..so far
(i don't work for them..)
lipa

Postby richie43 » Wed May 30, 2012 7:40 am

lipa wrote:So... anyone made a slightest comparision to 76D/GMD/Fenix/4KD/MWD??
also.. I'll ask here.. Hey Michael! Congratulations on releasing such a big lib!! Would You be so kind and let people read full list of programs? I know it's 800 of them.. I'd love to browse through them anyway.. It helps to override my inner paypal button brakes :P

In complete respect to you lipa, of course, I see no need to compare this library to other compression lobraries. These presets are complete presets tailored for specific applications and levels, while the other mentioned compressors are general and supposedly specific compressors. This library is about immediate functionality and comprehensive drum compression. And as far as getting to see all 800 presets.... the guy is probably going to sleep for a few days, lol. His price for previous customers is insanely low, I see this as a no-brainer.... ease up on those brakes and get this one!!
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby lipa » Wed May 30, 2012 7:53 am

well.. I'll buy it anyway in something like 3-5 days.. have to wait for some cash. but i'm a curious son of a b.. ;) and excited to see this lib so I'd like to read a list of presets (I can learn the logics of it easier and imagine which presets I could compare and use.)

and yes I think it's the first question to me - how TDC stacks up to the recent good efforts of alex b and joint forces of algo comps and nebula preamps (see henry's 670mojo and t-racks 670).. ;)
lipa

Postby Arne » Wed May 30, 2012 10:05 am

What a great idea and product! This came unexpected, but really needed. Hopefully we will see Vocal lib next or maybe something else? Purchased with a smile.
Arne
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby RJHollins » Wed May 30, 2012 10:23 am

Just recently purchased 'The Drum Compressor' library, and have only had a bit of time to listen.
I also have all other NEBULA compressors available to date.

To do a comparison, I can only touch the surface.

Once again, as UNIQUE as most other NEB libraries are, this 'TDC' lib continues the tradition we come to know.

First aspect everyone probably wants to know ... yes, this lib does compression. Several of the presets also come with attitude!

There are quite a variety of compressor 'sounds', so this makes it difficult to describe ... plus, I've only did a quick run through a good part of the library.

Sonically ... well, as we've learned, Michaels' work is top notch. Running at 44.1 sounds fantastic. Each of the main categories of tube, FET, Opto, etc, are easily identified. The sound is there !

It does compression ... and this is the area I need to play with more ... but yes, the pumping compression HAS been included 8-)

With respect to other Neb compressors ... glad I have them, as they too have 'the' sound [even with the criticized compression - which I have no problem preceding with an algo when needed].

The comparison that I WILL make ....

I do happen to own quite the collection of algo VST compressors. And bottom line, I don't think any of them can touch the NEBULA sound. SURE ... there are things an 'algo' compressor can do that HARDWARE is NOT capable of. But to my ole ears, NEBULA Libraries have the sound.

I read that this is a 'drum' specific library ... but I still want to try it on other sounds. There is alot to learn in this lib ... even though they come as presets ... so NO playing with Attack, Release settings. You have Threshold, Make-up gain that I've tried. Don't know about Look Ahead or the other params. It still is going to take some time to learn the sounds ... but I think its gonna be well worth it !

back to play ...
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries