Login

AITB-Snap Compressor

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AITB-Snap Compressor

Postby mordecainyc » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:56 pm

Lordnielson, interesting to hear.. I so far have found it more suitable for individual channels (although I expected it to shine on the 2bus). Which program/setting do you prefer for bus duties?
mordecainyc
User Level V
User Level V

Postby lordnielson » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:08 am

mordecainyc wrote:Lordnielson, interesting to hear.. I so far have found it more suitable for individual channels (although I expected it to shine on the 2bus). Which program/setting do you prefer for bus duties?

2:1 SF. No more than 2db reduction on loudest parts. Nicely transparent. Glues. Adds presence and snap in the right places.

Horses for courses. I've noticed that a lot of people working with virtual instruments and samples have preferences very different to people working mainly with physical instruments recorded with microphones.

There's no right or wrong.
lordnielson

Postby giancarlo » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:11 am

snap compressor is incredible in sidechain. I posted a demo example in sidechain thread. Today we should release both the sidechain version of nebula and a patch created by mplay to all existing compressors
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Ramana » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:33 pm

Wow! looking forward to this! Thanks giancarlo for all the amazing hard work!
Ramana
User Level II
User Level II

Postby seb » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:26 pm

Hi!

Often when using this fine compressor it starts to peak the vst-meter in Nuendo 5 and audio stutters. It can run fine for a while then just go bananas even when the PC is left with a lot of CPU overhead.

Any tips?
seb
User Level I
User Level I

Postby seb » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:30 pm

Oh, I got a very fast respons from AItB..
seb
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Barendse » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:50 am

lordnielson wrote:
mordecainyc wrote:Lordnielson, interesting to hear.. I so far have found it more suitable for individual channels (although I expected it to shine on the 2bus). Which program/setting do you prefer for bus duties?

2:1 SF. No more than 2db reduction on loudest parts. Nicely transparent. Glues. Adds presence and snap in the right places.

Horses for courses. I've noticed that a lot of people working with virtual instruments and samples have preferences very different to people working mainly with physical instruments recorded with microphones.

There's no right or wrong.

True. The Snap doesn't like real drum overheads recorded with a (nasty) high end. I always use the 1968me on the mixbuss, it softens the high end very nicely.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby scooter » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:46 am

Does anyone else experience erratic transient behavior?
I'm getting some weird, over exaggerated kick hits that seem unnatural and caused by the SNAP. I'm using the Comp lightly at 2:1 or 4:1 with a max of 2-3db reduction, as well as adjusting by ear.
-Scott
scooter

Postby jesse.nemitz » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:50 am

please go 96khz!!!!
jesse.nemitz
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby Bsharp » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:37 am

Scooter, The sidechaining update (if you can get the routing to work fixes that) I've had weird behavior on heavy bass content material. Compressors normally have some HPF built in, where as my understanding Nebula compresses it all, normally. Plus the reduction readings are not so accurate. You may be compressing a lot more that you think.
goodluck
cheers
Bsharp
User Level III
User Level III

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries