Login

AITB-Snap Compressor

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AITB-Snap Compressor

Postby woeischris » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:13 am

Downloading my Snap Comp now. Quite excited.
woeischris

Postby greekpeet » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:17 am

What I love about AITB is I don't even have to think twice about buying it. This is exactly what my mixes need!

Downloading now.
greekpeet
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby anthonyw » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:23 am

Which model is this sampled from? Am I right in guessing that this one is sampled from the individual unit where as CLD is sampled from the console? Either way I'm getting both, you can never have enough S*L flavor.
anthonyw
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby mathias » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:31 am

ok, jumped into the compressor-programs with this one
and i am really impressed.
i would describe it as elegant and .... yes snap is there :lol: . it sounds compact with a good grip on the dynamics. if i get it to pump, the dynamic movement is pleasant and musical.
this is a nice colour to have, i am happy. :D

i compared it to my psp mastercomp, from which i get the best compressor-sounds till now. i would not say mastercomp is useless now, it has a different kind of dynamic behaviour and most of the times i combine it with some nebula-stages before or after it. this way i get some very nice results. mastercomp can be absolutely transparent, when you need some unhearable compression.

so now it has a companion and i fear, there will come some more fellows on the way into nebula-future :roll: .
but my money has to go somewhere and this is a good place to spend it, so keep it coming developers! 8-)

mathias

p.s. and i am with mimi, let us not make up some sort of clubs or whatever......
let's enjoy the creative input of everybody for itself, not competing with anyone elses!
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby mathias » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:11 am

...and makes a great parallel compressor!

don't miss to try it :D

mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby Mimi » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:26 am

That's right my friend...intrigue, is something of a prostitute woman with no personality.
It is ugly to the woman who would tell a man...And look, I'm a woman and I hate this kind of thing.
I used the snap compressor, and I found a soft effect of compressor...Great work.
I ended up using in a variety of instruments...the interesting thing is that this compressor does not deteriorates the sound when compressed to the extreme.
It is worthwhile to take that punch without spoiling the mix .
I'll do more tests.
Mimi

Postby zaminx » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:47 am

I feel like Ive got one of my best friends back after working on an E series for years and abusing the buss compressor shes back with a snap.Okay its not perfect but it sure is a lot site closer than anything else Ive heard in the digital realm.

Nice work AITB
zaminx
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby ericus » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:58 am

Another instant buy... :mrgreen:
ericus

Postby cj01djs » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:14 pm

Another instant buy too.I just downloaded and i am very curious since i expect something good about this release.
Happy mixing 2 all with Nebula.
cj01djs
User Level II
User Level II

Postby sfunk » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:57 pm

Bought this and had a bit of a play. Not quite sure im into it yet. Any tips for setting up? The gain reduction seems way off? When i am getting about -2dB of reduction it pumps quite a bit in an unmusical way. Any tips for setting up guys? Standard Rock S*L Bus comp sound?
sfunk

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries