Login

1st audio test with Classic Logic Dynamics

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: 1st audio test with Classic Logic Dynamics

Postby grahamduncan » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:05 pm

There is a smoothness and solidity to the gain reduction on the hardware that seems to add more depth and glue. It feels effortless. I hear this especially around the breathy parts of the vocal. At first I thought the 4KD was missing some highs, but I think it's more to do with the attack/release being a bit choppy.

If you line up the wavs and flip phase, there is a strange attack/release residual with 4KD. My guess is that this is where any issues remain.

Looking forward to the demo.

Graham
grahamduncan
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:49 pm

I think the nebula version sounds alot better than the other plugs.But naturaly isn't going to sound excatly like the hardware as there is whole new process in the way .I agree that the hardware has more depth .This probably is the best S*L digi version out .
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Mercado_Negro » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:13 am

Guys, these compressors are insane. I just can't believe this sound coming from a plug-in in my computer... frikkin' insane, seriously!

You're gonna love them :mrgreen:

P.S. Sorry Alex, I couldn't resist!
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby giancarlo » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:18 am

well, I think nebula is better than other plugins in those examples. Hardware is still better, maybe I'll work on that just after the purecuda porting, I have a couple of ideas. Anyway it's already a good achievement.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby arrangeit » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:46 am

giancarlo wrote:...maybe I'll work on that just after the purecuda porting, I have a couple of ideas...

Yes, yes and yes! Refining/perfecting the dynamic behavior of Nebula would be very much appreciated. I'm sure if you took a poll this would be at or near the top of the list.

Your hard work is appreciated.

Cheers,
arrangeit
arrangeit
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Mercado_Negro » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:55 am

giancarlo wrote:well, I think nebula is better than other plugins in those examples. Hardware is still better, maybe I'll work on that just after the purecuda porting, I have a couple of ideas. Anyway it's already a good achievement.

It'd be great to see some improvement in this area Giancarlo, though I'd be seriously impressed if you can tweak Nebula/NAT further and make this 4KD sound better. It's already the best S*L comp suite I've heard in digital form (the S*L Duende Buss Compressor comes very very close, though it fails on giving that 'natural' and 'grabbing' sound, full of warmness and fullness). Anyways, Alessandro did an awesome job as well and most of the sound of this suite comes from his own experience with the hardware... and tons of hours tweaking and taking the best samples, of course). This release will surely make a lot of noise on forum boards :lol:

Cheers
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby sfunk » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:14 pm

i am sure it will. Who knows maybe another developer on Gearslutz will do a shoot out with the hardware SSLs on Alex's behalf. :lol:
sfunk

Postby david1103 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:02 pm

regarding improving nebula compression:

giancarlo wrote:
maybe I'll work on that just after the purecuda porting, I have a couple of ideas.

please do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i know you can do it!!!!!!!!
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Tim Petherick » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:21 pm

So... I just like to ask if any one has run the old progs made for rms 17 in evf 17 ?

I have and to be honest I think it kicks ass.It sounds like a big improvement in nebula .The attack and release sounds alot better than before.I was trying out the 165a on bass drum along with a faster prog rate of 0.3 and i think the prog rate is one of the keys to solidness of the sound that has been recently talked about.

I ask everybody to try it .Take a old prog like 165a modify the xml prog say to 250 ,then change the rms 17 to evf 17.

Tim
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby elam » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:10 pm

timp wrote:I ask everybody to try it .Take a old prog like 165a modify the xml prog say to 250 ,then change the rms 17 to evf 17.

Nice idea.Definitely worth experimenting.
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries