Login

1st audio test with Classic Logic Dynamics

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: 1st audio test with Classic Logic Dynamics

Postby brp » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:28 am

AlexB wrote:The reason is simple: some guys have asked for 44.1kHz programs so from my last release I'll do all libraries in both sample rate. If you like 96kHz go for it, if you like 44.1kHz go for this. More choice at the same price :mrgreen:
Alex

hi alex

i think you missunderstud me since im one of these guys asking for 44.1k programs!

my thought was to help you making both versions (96k + 44.1k) much faster than sampling twice!

i explain again:

run the wavefile from nat through the hardware in 96k. after that you'll have the processed file in 96k. now make a copy and convert it to 44.1k. you should be able now to deconvolve the file within a 44.1k nat session.

if you still have the processed wavfiles from old releases you may be able to make 44.1k versions with this procedure...

good luck alex :)
brp
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby RJHollins » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:31 am

Although I don't know how AlexB performs is 'magic', AND in consensus with a previous statement, I certainly hope that an SRC from 96->44 is NOT performed in order to save time. For the simple reason that I have NOT been able to purchase an SRC that is 100% flawless in conversion. The 'better' that I've experienced has been 88->44.

As mentioned, confidence is HIGH on the quality from one of AlexBs' libraries [including the 'restoration/calibration of the source equipment].

Much appreciated ... as we look forward to when HE feels the release is ready. Thank-you AlexB :mrgreen:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby AlexB » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:15 am

vicnestE wrote:The first attack when drums kick in seems suffering from the same problem with AITB compressors: the attack is too slow for larger gain reduction and causes a huge impact on first loud signal. The phenomenon is more obvious on individual tracks.

Yes, but in this case it's deliberate to give more impact at the sound, it happens with AUTO release only but you can set the AHEAD control if you like a more controlled initial attack. (Who has done the mix is a mix engineer which works daily with the SSL4000).

However Nebula-Compressor is very good but not perfect... It will be improved in the future by Giancarlo :) But better than any plugin. The Glue sounds good BUT not emulate properly the original GComp, it has some wrong attack/time and frequency response. The Waves GComp doesn't sound so good but it is the more close emulation, physically.

About 96 and 44.1kHz release, I prefer to sample in both case instead to convert the library.
88.2->44.1 or 96->44.1 are the same, I haven't seen any differences with Saracon.

Alex
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby brp » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:43 am

AlexB wrote:
About 96 and 44.1kHz release, I prefer to sample in both case instead to convert the library.
88.2->44.1 or 96->44.1 are the same, I haven't seen any differences with Saracon.

Alex

the difference would be analog antialiasfilter vs digital antialiasfilter basicly.

but its nice to hear that you decided for quality reasons!! love you alex :mrgreen:

i just wondered if you could save time and therefor release faster ;)

cheers pascal
brp
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby david1103 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:15 pm

giancarlo and analogueinthebox said auto release is not possible in nebula?! is this brand new technology or some kind of work around?

looking forward to checking out the program!
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby AlexB » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:37 pm

In 4KD AUTO Release: WORKS ! :mrgreen:
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby vicnestE » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:29 pm

Thanks for the fact about Waves GComp and The Glue.
It will be cool to hear some demos from the original unit and show us how close the similarity Nebula can achieve.
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby fuseburn » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:58 am

Yeah, interested in hearing comparisons with the original hardware. That's what you're comparing to anyway, so why bother with Waves then ;-)
fuseburn
User Level X
User Level X

Postby AlexB » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:30 am

Waves GComp : Nebula GComp = Apple : Apple.

However the hardware GComp (orange) is busy for sampling... 8-)
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby renners1 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:44 am

Pffff i am waiting on this compressor soooo long now.. Ahaha i know your perfecting it.. But i cant wait anymore lol..

Anywayz
Anything on when your planning to release this one alex?
renners1
User Level 0
User Level 0

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries