Login

1st audio test with Classic Logic Dynamics

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: 1st audio test with Classic Logic Dynamics

Postby AlexB » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:10 am

fuseburn wrote::lol: - that's VERY funny - Must have been painful to be urged to sample a compressor then, no ? :P Just joking.

Oh yes, it's a really traumatic experience for me :mrgreen:
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby futur2 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:39 pm

AlexB wrote:
fuseburn wrote::lol: - that's VERY funny - Must have been painful to be urged to sample a compressor then, no ? :P Just joking.

Oh yes, it's a really traumatic experience for me :mrgreen:

:mrgreen:

CLD sounds great. more 3d than the glue (which sounds fine btw) and much better than waves. also very interested to hear more crushed examples - even if it hurts you ;)
Last edited by futur2 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
futur2

Postby david1103 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:34 pm

i listened on a great mastering setup.

the waves sounds bad, transients messed up, flat and distorted

glue sounds better. was the oversampling on? still the vocal does not sound 'real' anymore

nebula punch S*L sample, great :) vocal still sounds real, kick drum sounds better, overall amazing!

there is still something worrying me about this. a compressor of this quality would be my default mastering compressor for certain types of music, but i have heard nothing about this major problem since it was revealed over 2 months ago. fixing this may turn this new S*L comp from interesting proof of concept to vital and loved tool!:

http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... c&start=90

and here an explanation for everyone. Trouble of nebula is NOT the envelope detector/follower (you could even add look ahead implementation or you could SAMPLE it and it would be VERY accurate). Nebula knows exactly which set of kernels it should apply to your source (so which gain level). Only it DOES it at fixed rate times. Frequency of rate times is "prog rate". The faster, the better. If you go too much slowly, you could not be lucky enough, so a fast transient could NOT be PROCESSED (nebula would process it, but it's NOT the time for a kernel switch). But if you goo too much fast you could add too much aliasing and cpu load. This happens because a very fast context switch on COMPLEX kernels COULD add some UNWANTED distortion, NOISE and aliasing (unlike other developers we are implemented COMPLEX kernels, and their interaction are not so predictable at faster rate times). I have a solution in mind, but I'm still busy cause other complex developments. An huge step forward is represented by AHD.

I hope it helps.

by giancarlo » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:48 am

http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... c&start=90

how many hours of work would this take to fix? i want to pay, i know its not freeware.

if it takes 20 hours, and we pay you £15 an hour, thats £300. i am certain 100 users would pay £3 each into a paypal fix the compressors fund! i bet people may even pay you £300 themselves :)

i think with that fixed and the 96k sorted nebula can DOMINATE the vst compressor market.

if acustica could just commit to a deadline everyone could relax. its worth it even to wait a year, but its the not knowing that is so frustrating!

this is SO exciting, am i the only one feeling the pain of being in the dark as to when compressors will be ready for professional work?
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby highvoltage » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:07 pm

AlexB wrote:I'll try more GR tomorrow for pumping fx.
Sorry but I hate compression and loudness war...

I think using compressors as a creative Fx has little to do with loudness wars, but its just my understanding
highvoltage

Postby AlexB » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:14 pm

New demo with 4:1 ratio and -5dB gain reduction, +5dB makeup gain.

Original Mix

Mix with Waves

Mix with The Glue

Mix with CLD MB Punch

Mix with CLD MB Open

highvoltage wrote:I think using compressors as a creative Fx has little to do with loudness wars, but its just my understanding

Yes, FX. For this target in the next demo I'll try to use a dance music to pump the mix ;)
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby sfunk » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:32 pm

david1103 wrote:

how many hours of work would this take to fix? i want to pay, i know its not freeware.

if it takes 20 hours, and we pay you £15 an hour, thats £300. i am certain 100 users would pay £3 each into a paypal fix the compressors fund! i bet people may even pay you £300 themselves :)

i think with that fixed and the 96k sorted nebula can DOMINATE the vst compressor market.

if acustica could just commit to a deadline everyone could relax. its worth it even to wait a year, but its the not knowing that is so frustrating!

this is SO exciting, am i the only one feeling the pain of being in the dark as to when compressors will be ready for professional work?

This is a GREAT idea! I'd happily pay at least £20 for this. Start a petition and see what can happen
sfunk

Postby AlexB » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:38 pm

sfunk wrote:
david1103 wrote:

This is a GREAT idea! I'd happily pay at least £20 for this. Start a petition and see what can happen

Please, open another tread for this. Thanks 8-)
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby sfunk » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:08 pm

Alex i've tried another time to buy the MLC with discount from your site using the form but nothing yet. Can you have a check? Nothing in my spam folder either. I can pm my paypal email if you like?
sfunk

Postby hok » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:30 pm

Same here, Alex. Could you have a look to your orders from returning customers.
hok
User Level I
User Level I

Postby AlexB » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:25 pm

hok wrote:Same here, Alex. Could you have a look to your orders from returning customers.

Fixed, thanks for advise me ;)
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries