Login

CLC console usage

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

CLC console usage

Postby dejanilly » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:28 pm

Hi

I'm kinda new with nebula. I just bought CLC console emulation and i don't understand exactly how it should be used. So i'll rather ask :mrgreen: :

1. The manual says: "Just insert one instance of Nebula as first plugin in your tracks choosing the “Console Input Channel” that you prefer"

---> what does this mean ? To put only one nebula with “Console Input Channel” on first mixing track or to put it on every track that i mix (or submixbusses(like guitar, drums, ...)) ???

2. The manual says: "Insert in every buss-group one "Console Buss Group" to your taste and insert one "Console Buss Out" on the mixbuss."

---> What is meant with "insert one "Console Buss Out" on the mixbuss." .....should i put just one "Console Buss Out" on my final mastering bus or on every track that i mix (or submixbusses(like guitar, drums, ...)) ???

How are you guys doing this ???

Thanks for help :D
dejanilly
User Level I
User Level I

Re: CLC console usage

Postby Tim Petherick » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:18 pm

In general ,

You can just copy the way the mixer works-

Sometimes I start by colouring a single channel with a preamp,then

on every channel insert a line from nebula as if the outputs of your interface are going into the line inputs of a mixer

master buss is just the stereo output of the mixer ,so insert one of those on your master.

group busses can be used for things like drum kits (still using line ins on every channel before using a group ),set up a group channel in your daw then send the drums to this group,then add a buss group from nebula.This will help glue the kit back together.This is very subtle but works well by rounding things off.

I find that the line in's and master has the greatest affect in a project.If using all of these to simulate a mixer it will have a very big affect,not really worth it if you just say use a line in on one channel only.

If using all of these at the same time with big projects you may run out of ram or cpu power.

Tim
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby dejanilly » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:52 pm

thanks for reply......i thought it the same way actually.
huh,...that with cpu and (or) ram power is really problematic and annoying :x

Which preamps are you using for different instruments (or busses) ?

lp

D.
dejanilly
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Tim Petherick » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:58 pm

I'm Using alex b's VBC and cdsoundmaster's Bogen mixer,so different preamps from the one's your using.

1073 pre sounds great on anything.Plus vm tube pre from http://rhythminmind.net/1313/?p=1303 is also great for making things more polished sounding

I also have alex b's PCS ,which has lots of useful Preamps ,really like the tele72 from that pack.

Tim :D
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Return to 3rd party libraries