Login

What is/are closest Nebula3 emulations to Slate VCC ??

Acustica Audio's Official Included Library
Free Unregistered Version Libraries

What is/are closest Nebula3 emulations to Slate VCC ??

Postby doubtingtom37 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:45 am

Would like to try Nebula 3 Library emulations which are felt to be closest to results offered by Slate VCC. I have never used Slate products, but read comments on Reaper Forum which stimulated this inquiry. :?:
doubtingtom37
User Level VI
User Level VI

Re: What is/are closest Nebula3 emulations to Slate VCC ??

Postby davidgary73 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:55 am

doubtingtom37 wrote:Would like to try Nebula 3 Library emulations which are felt to be closest to results offered by Slate VCC. I have never used Slate products, but read comments on Reaper Forum which stimulated this inquiry. :?:

I have VCC and used it since the launch. Bought some Neb consoles from AlexB last month and i retired VCC for good :D

Should have bought them earlier hahaha.

THE MFC is phenomenal and also the American 16.

Do check out the demo @ http://www.alessandroboschi.eu/html/alexb/consoles.htm
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram •
Logic Pro X 10.2.4 • OSX 10.11.6 • VEP 6 •
Magenta 3 • Green 3 • Navy • Pink • Sand • Lime • Nebula3 Server Ultimate •
http://www.purevolume.com/DavidGary
davidgary73

Postby RJHollins » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:18 am

To add ...

I also use many AlexB libraries. His new version releases are unique and excellent.

If interested, AlexB also has a free demo page here:
http://www.alessandroboschi.eu/html/alexb/free_demo.htm
The TFT console may provide a sonic hint. Keep in mind, though, each console has its own unique character and sonic footprint.

Beside the various consoles, there are also the EQ and dynamic packages. Excellent.
8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby ceemusic » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:23 am

Because of performance issues I use Slate's VCC channels then the swap out the VCC mixbus with one of Alex B's consoles.
If I'm using the VCC N**e I'll one of the mixbus presets from Alex B's N14. The VMR is very low on resources, easy to set up & swap out modules. It works well & sounds good for certain things.
i7 5820k·RAM 32GB DDR4·1TB HD x3·500GB SSD x2·Video HD-5450 1GB·Win 10 x64·RME FF400·Cubase-VEPro6-S1-Sonar
ceemusic
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby RJHollins » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:50 am

Since I'm on a short break from updating my new build ...

Yes ... the 'console' presets can be heavy on a system. [If I may brag a moment, my new build looks to be a major game changer], otherwise there may be need to pre-render files with at least the INPUT console stage. Using a 'substitution' strategy is too much of a guessing game, especially when a console usually is the base reference to begin with.

An important point ... especially if you have a variety of consoles to choose from. It may seem obvious, but really, One needs to 'learn' the sound and character of each of these. Then a session can be accessed to know which console to start with.

Without doubt, a powerful computer opens the door to much finer 'artistic' decisions. Things like how hard you hit the console [or any other process] in shaping a track.

Side note: I do a lot of Mastering work. Much of the projects are pure digital in the recording chain. Beside any corrective EQ'ing, I use consoles, Pre-Amps, tapes, compressors, etc to enhance the harmonic aspects of the mix track. It can be quite surprising the impact this has instead of using only equalizers. Of course, the right EQ is always available, but I find that oft times the amount of EQ'ing is minimized [and I mean that in a good, sonic way].

Each project must be evaluated for what may or not be needed/desired. Some projects DEMAND that pure digital soundscape, but when it calls sonic enhancement, I look to consoles to start.

hope some of this made sense :mrgreen:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:53 pm

i barely use vcc after getting Alex B Neev 14
so its more about is the vcc close to a console at all ? not in my ears, especially not the N**e since its a nebula N**e i got ,
vcc is still a good sweetening tool but if you want real console sound you have to use nebula and one of Alex B`s consoles,
there could be other developers that have good console to but it seems most are getting Alex B`s consoles because they do sound really good,
MFC is my next buy since most say if they only could have one they have to choose MFC
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby doubtingtom37 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:34 pm

Many, many Thanks !! :o I'm overwhelmed at quantity, quality, and speed of all these fine Replies. While not surprised, support for Alex B Consoles is so solid, I can now stay on track with previous plans.

PC/CPU impact is a usage/application factor .... not too bad with i7-870, 8GB, SSD, but prefer to stay near 50% MAX on Performance Monitors (Win10/Reaper).

Thank-you so much all !

Thom B
doubtingtom37
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby flipnaut » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:07 pm

hmm i had VCC 2.0 and i have Britson by Sonimus and i have Alex B MFC.

Best sound has MFC / American16 / Nebula... BUT when you want Distortion and hot levels you would prefer VCC 2.0... if you want real sound i even recommend that you try out the new acustica eq navy...

Navy has preamp and those are console^^ The 73 preamp in the navy plugins sounds incredibl good and together with the eq it is an absolutely a hin hint: no brainer!!!!

That is now the hottiest tip you got in your whole life and you want to pay me for this tip when you hear it 8-)

I tell you: Try Navy... and use it as a console... read instructions...
Monitors:PSI A21m, System: Presonus Studio One Pro V3, Intel i7 4790k. Plugins: Pink2412, Amethyst2,Navy, Honey, Scarlet3, Ochre, Magenta3, Titanium, Blue, EQp1, Silk. HW: AML EZ1073, Ap*550a, Chandle* LD Comp, Tape 542. Visit me on: http://audiopaw.de/
flipnaut
Expert
Expert

Postby doubtingtom37 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:47 pm

Will definitely give it a listen!
Check's in the mail >>>> :lol:

Thank-you, really .....
doubtingtom37
User Level VI
User Level VI

Return to Acustica Audio Library