Login

Nebula 3 Pro new Browser beta

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Nebula 3 Pro new Browser beta

Postby giancarlo » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:25 pm

elam: that dll is supposed to REPLACE your existing reverb version (or regular version). Rename it and overwrite existing working dll. For example
rename to nebula3 reverb.dll
and replace nebula3 reverb.dll
(but before backup your old dll, so you'll be able to revert to old copy if the new one is not working)
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:29 pm

btw I improved the pc version BUT don't ask a new dll if you already asked it. It's still not perfect, but I'm providing it because
1) it changes completely your nebula life, so an attempt is worthing
2) I need a lot of feedbacks because it was a complex development caused by restrinctions imposed by server architecture model/controller and AU architecture controller/view, so there are 3 stages and they could lead to bugs.

known issue: when you load a saved song the new menu is apparently not working. You sould switch to fast page and back to prog page again.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Mercado_Negro » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:39 pm

Hi Giancarlo,

Nice to read you've improved it. I think we all understand this is a "beta" version which shouldn't be used at all in important projects/sessions. What if you add here, in this thread, all new versions with fixes and improvements so we don't have to email you anymore and we can all help you out with testing? Going through all versions, one by one, may help you a lot more, I think :)
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby elam » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:34 pm

Shame on me.
Have to restart the whole system.Took a little time.
So it's working on every DAW mentioned.(PT too).

Yes reloading saved projects provoke the little bug mentioned.
YES it's a MAJOR improvement.For sure a Nebula's life changer it's MAJOR.

Mercado Negro did/do a fantastic and fastidious job with his reaper chains.And as he said, this new feature can replace "progressively" those FX chains.We still need to be able to type "long names" in it but I'm sure Giancarlo's working on it.So...

THANKS for this crazy improvement G.and the time and hard work it takes. Again it's...MAJOR for everybody and especialy those who use DAW with bad FX managment.

giancarlo wrote:What if you add here, in this thread, all new versions with fixes and improvements so we don't have to email you anymore and we can all help you out with testing? Going through all versions, one by one, may help you a lot more, I think :)

I'm agree with Mercado Negro here.That's a real good proposal.

Good luck for the future development.Hit us up, we will help definitely.
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby elam » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:46 pm

Pro Tools test was done on a windows XP sp3 OS. PT 7.4 version.
Can do further PT tests if needed (on MAC with PT 8 and 9)

To use that new feature to the fullest at this point,you still need a tight NAT/names management.
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby burnsound » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:25 pm

Some MAC AU results here.

Works fine in Logic, only issue was that when I reopened a project that used an instance of Nebula, the new feature no longer worked! Changing to List mode, then back to Prog mode- it worked again.

Tried it again to be sure- same result.

I can live with that.

HUGE improvement in workflow. Congrats.

And I tried it with CUDA, no issues there.

OS 10.6.6
Logic 9.1.3

Edit: Whoops, you already mentioned the bug.
burnsound
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby giancarlo » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:00 am

fixed the reloading thingy
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:02 am

@mercado: apparently it's a good proposal, but I can't track the owners from the forum. This forum is accessible from all owners, without user permission restrictions (it's a choice)
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Mercado_Negro » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:25 am

giancarlo wrote:@mercado: apparently it's a good proposal, but I can't track the owners from the forum. This forum is accessible from all owners, without user permission restrictions (it's a choice)

Bummer :(

Well, if you fix or improve something please let us know and we'll contact you via mail as before to test it :) Hope you don't mind, just trying to help.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby zaminx » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:37 am

zaminx wrote:On Mac OSX 10.6.6 in Cubase reaper and Bidule the vst Nebula 3 Pro will completely crash the host when clicking where the new preset browser should display.

Okay a couple of Free programs were causing the problem removing them has fixed the DataPath issue.
zaminx
User Level XI
User Level XI

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula