Login

Noob - How to Save Settings?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Noob - How to Save Settings?

Postby javahut » Sat May 19, 2012 5:33 pm

I don't get how I save my settings to a new program location. If I hit Save, I write over the existing preset. If I hit Edit, change the Bank and Memory, and hit Overwrite, all it seems to do is move the existing preset to a new memory location, as the old memory location is now blank.

Seems like there should be a Save As button somewhere, but I don't see one. The manual helps very little. Interface and manual are more than a little obtuse. Searched all over the Forum for info and can find nothing about this.

:?: Confused :?

Maybe after someone explains this seemingly should be simple task, someone can then explain in simple terms how the skinning is supposed to work?

Thanks for any help.
downtempo.dub.psychedlic.twang
Canartic - Modulotion
javahut
User Level V
User Level V

Re: Noob - How to Save Settings?

Postby brp » Sun May 20, 2012 1:52 pm

try to make a copy of the *.n2p file and then open the copy, edit and save it. if this doesn't work, you need to rename it within nat. nat supports renaming files. rename the files manually may doesn't work, i don't know.
the skinning works easy: just put the skin files into the skin folder within the nebula temprepository folder. after the next start of nebula, you can choose these skins in the mast page of nebula. don't forget to press save in the mast page! the new skin will appear after the next restart of nebula.

hope this helps
pascal
brp
User Level IX
User Level IX

Re: Noob - How to Save Settings?

Postby enriquesilveti » Wed May 23, 2012 9:33 am

Use the last NAT for copy N2P files with other name, N2V can be renamed so the new and the old program N2P file will point to the same N2V vector file.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Return to Working with Nebula