Login

New guy needs help

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

New guy needs help

Postby tb-av » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:14 am

1. Can't find a manual anywhere. Not in repository.

2. EQ. Normally if I install an EQ, I have access to all bands at once for adjustment. In Nebula it seems I can only pick one band at a time. How is this supposed to work. I tried picking one band, setting it's controls and then going to LIST to pick a new band but that doesn't work.

What is the proper work flow?
tb-av
User Level III
User Level III

Re: New guy needs help

Postby fuseburn » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:57 am

Read through the FAQs on the website, that should take you somewhere. Can't remember if there's a proper, current manual at all, but the FAQ covers alot.

Yes, you can use only one band at a time. If you want another one, instantiate a 2nd nebula instance.
Some programs do offers several bands at once though.
fuseburn
User Level X
User Level X

Postby beingmf3 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:22 pm

Or you can "chain" some Nebula instances together – the only proper tool for this (not messing with the sampling rate) I'm aware of is "VST Forx".
Not the most ergonomic interface, but you can save chains and add knobs for parameters without having to open the plugin's GUI...
beingmf3

Postby enriquesilveti » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:45 pm

1. Can't find a manual anywhere. Not in repository.

Acustica Audio user manuals (direct download) > http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic

2. EQ. Normally if I install an EQ, I have access to all bands at once for adjustment. In Nebula it seems I can only pick one band at a time. How is this supposed to work. I tried picking one band, setting it's controls and then going to LIST to pick a new band but that doesn't work. What is the proper work flow?

Welcome tb-av. Sample a complete EQ is almost an impossible task (from now...), also you might have a nuclear PC for run it. Developer sample EQs by bands and create Nebula emulations presets by band. Every sample inside a emulation preset loaded into Nebula is loaded into computer RAM for fast access. If you load a 5 band EQ and you only use 2 bands those 3 unused bands still remain in the computer RAM. There are some developers that create a combo emulation preset that have several EQ bands in the same emulation preset.

Please read General Forum > Announcements for Acustica Audio announcements and Nebula > Announcements for Nebula announcements.

You will discover that with Nebula EQs you need less EQing than before, try a minimalism approach like in the analog doming when you have only several good EQs. Some users like me use a combination of digital EQ and Nebula, we use here Pro-Q to cut and Nebula to *.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby tb-av » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:33 pm

Ok thanks guys. I'm going to do some reading. I think I get the general idea now.

So Enrique, in your example, would you simply work with Pro-Q for boost and cut and then simply turn off the boosted bands, make note of the settings and then replace those with a Nebula program band of a similar freq.?
tb-av
User Level III
User Level III

Postby enriquesilveti » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:56 pm

Pro-Q > cut
Nebula > boost
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Working with Nebula