Login

Nebula and your sample rate: How do you guys work with them?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Nebula and your sample rate: How do you guys work with them?

Postby botus99 » Wed May 16, 2012 3:26 pm

I've been developing an addiction to Nebula and my wallets feeling it, but its soooo worth it! I've always worked in 44.1khz. The Nebula libraries in 96khz seem to eat much more computing power. I'm just trying to figure this out...

Here's my question:
Because many libraries are 96khz, does the quality go down (I'm talking measurably here) when using it in 44.1khz? Also, does working in 96khz make the libraries more CPU efficient since it doesn't have to re-sample the libraries internally?

Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Re: Nebula and your sample rate: How do you guys work with them?

Postby brp » Wed May 16, 2012 11:16 pm

when a 96khz program is used with 44.1khz, it's not the efficiency that suffers, it's the loading time. make also sure that you set the rate conversion on the mast page to max=9000. i work also in 44.1khz because of performance reasons. 96khz will surely sound a bit better, especially in the very high frequencies.
brp
User Level IX
User Level IX

Return to Working with Nebula