Postby giancarlo » Thu May 17, 2012 10:25 pm

wow, very detailed description!
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Re: My Nebula Mixing System

Postby brp » Sat May 19, 2012 1:10 am

hi musicgreator

i'm the guy from the hardwarelike nebula racks thingy. i just got an idea when i red your story. teoretically it should be possible to take the gui-vst i createt to somehow remote nebulainstances on another pc. with enough power (would mean in these days anetwork of enough pc's) it should be possible to recreate a nebula based console which would be controllable from a single daw. i couldn't compile the gui on mac yet, so you'd have to try this on a pc if you're interested in doing this. i don't know how you would send midi through lan, maybe it's easy with wormhole or anything similar, maybe not. btw. how much channels did you set up? i just wonder because i made good experiance with wormhole2, but i never set up very much channels.

cheers pascal
brp
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby musicgreator » Wed May 23, 2012 9:33 am

Hi, this sounds interesting. Checkout FX Teleport, it might be the best solution for the connection over lan. I also believe it provides midi channels for every connection. I'm not 100% sure but it might work this way: Wrap bidule with FX Teleport so you can load it remotely. Then load the FX Teleport wrapped bidule within bidule on the host PC. Now you have your bidule with your GUI as usual with the exception that the Nebula chain its hosted FX Teleport on the remote PC. Since FX Teleport supports loading VSTis remotely there must be a way to send midi messages... BTW. i had more than 100 wormhole connections in both directions and i had to tweak the buffer settings like crazy.
musicgreator
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby jelmet » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:09 am

Keeping an eye on this thread!
jelmet
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula