Login

Neb Pro won't run old Libs

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Neb Pro won't run old Libs

Postby Martinez » Wed May 09, 2012 11:40 pm

I downloaded some of the old libraries that come with nebula because I was intrested in the choruses and flangers.

When I try to load a preset it just looks like it's intitializing and then it doesn't do anything.

I've just reinstalled windoze and Neb Pro from scratch so it's not any settings that I've played around with.

Does anyone have any idea why these presest won't work?

Thanks in advance.

P.s.
Sorry if this has been covered but I did a search and nothing came up. It's also difficult to know exactly what to search for.
Martinez

Re: Neb Pro won't run old Libs

Postby richie43 » Thu May 10, 2012 1:00 am

Did you re-run the license file to activate Nebula? Do any presets load right?
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Martinez » Thu May 10, 2012 1:50 am

All the 3RD party libs run perfectly fine but the included stuff that comes bundled with Neb doesn't work at all.

I'm running the same Neb3 pro licence that I got from the G man when I upgraded and didn't notice anything wrong untill I tried to use the old bundled libs.

I hope I don't have to get a new Auth file every time I reinstall windows.
That will such a pain in the @$$!

Btw, I just reinstalled windows last night and that had nothing to do with it because it was the same before and after.
Martinez

Postby richie43 » Thu May 10, 2012 4:23 am

The only times I've seen anything like this was; one time I had installed just the program files, not the vectors (duh), and when after an update often times the scanboot and Nebula temp files need to be deleted and rebuilt.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Martinez » Thu May 10, 2012 5:20 am

I did copy the program and vector folders from my old installation just before I did my reinstall but it I installed everything from scratch before the install and it was the same result.

I might try reinstalling windows again since Nebula man is giving me grief as well and the reinstall Neb from scratch and see if that clears anything up.
Martinez

Postby richie43 » Thu May 10, 2012 5:52 am

Are you reinstalling windows from a saved image or from the install disc. You shouldn't need to reinstall an OS just to make Nebula work. Let me ask a few other Neb gurus out there and see if we can clear this up. It's odd......
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby dizzib » Thu May 10, 2012 4:55 pm

I think I'm getting the same problem.

I installed Nebula3 Pro x64 1.3.492, upgraded to 1.3.504, sent in the SER and ran in the license. On launching, Nebula takes a few seconds to initialise as expected, with no libraries.

I then installed library NL_Plt#4. Launching Nebula then seems to skip the initialise phase, again showing no libraries!?

I've never had a problem with licensing before, and I'm fairly sure I'm doing everything right.

Cheers,
Andy.
dizzib
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby enriquesilveti » Thu May 10, 2012 11:22 pm

dizzib wrote:I think I'm getting the same problem.

I installed Nebula3 Pro x64 1.3.492, upgraded to 1.3.504, sent in the SER and ran in the license. On launching, Nebula takes a few seconds to initialise as expected, with no libraries.

I then installed library NL_Plt#4. Launching Nebula then seems to skip the initialise phase, again showing no libraries!?

I've never had a problem with licensing before, and I'm fairly sure I'm doing everything right.

Cheers,
Andy.

No emulation preset at all? = Wrong path in MAST page .XML file.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby Martinez » Fri May 11, 2012 12:35 am

enriquesilveti wrote:

Cheers,
Andy.

So am I right in assuming from your response that you do have to get a new autho file every time you want to reinstall windows or nebula?
Martinez

Postby Cupwise » Fri May 11, 2012 1:06 am

martinez wrote:
enriquesilveti wrote:

Cheers,
Andy.

So am I right in assuming from your response that you do have to get a new autho file every time you want to reinstall windows or nebula?

i think what enrique is saying there, is that maybe your n2ps are in the wrong place.
if you look at the .xml file that should be in the same spot as your actual nebula.dll (the vst plugin file itself), it is like an initialization file. you can look at that xml in a txt editor, and add extra paths, places on your hd where n2ps can go. i think that's all enrique is asking, is to check and make sure your n2ps are in the right spot.

my personal feelings are that i agree with whoever said you shouldn't have had to reinstall windows to get it working. the main area to focus on would be possibly re-installing nebula itself, and also making sure to delete the xmls in the 'temp' folder inside the 'nebulatemprepository' folder.

those xmls in the 'temp' folder, they are re-generated by nebula every time you open (if they are missing), so it's ok to delete them. and if you ever make any dramatic change with your nebula stuff, it's a good idea to clean that folder out. if that doesn't help (and i actually don't expect it to in this case), maybe an uninstall/reinstall of nebula.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to Working with Nebula