Login

making hardwarelike Nebula Racks

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: making hardwarelike Nebula Racks

Postby brp » Thu May 24, 2012 12:05 am

btw. i increased the latency to 2048 samples per instances. when you say, you'd prefer 8192 samples, does that mean your cpu still benefits when increasing the buffer over 2048 samples? in my place 2048 is way the best compromise between latency and cpu load!
brp
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby musicgreator » Thu May 24, 2012 9:43 am

Wouldn't it be more realistic to have no output stage. In a real console only the summ goes through the output stage. I think it would be better to get rid of that and use nebula with the output stage on the 2bus. If that feature could be disabled, everyone could decide for them selfe of course. Is it possible to integrate some automatic latency compensation? BTW. non of the vst hosts compensated for nebula's latency in my experience (Reaper, Chainer, FX Teleport). So if a plugin within bidule reports a latency, bidule should report that latency to the host right? Maybe you could try it out with the latency fixer plugin. Btw. i'm hoping i can integrate your Unit into my mixing system because i stick to realtime mixing. I will run some tests soon. I believe 8192 is better with the cpu but i will test that too. Maybe latency is still better than having to render... Did you check out if FX Teleport can be used as a bridge over lan for your bidule setup? (One side hosting the GUI and the other side hosting the nebula rig) This could make it a monster :-) BTW. SSD drives help a lot with loading time!
musicgreator
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby brp » Thu May 24, 2012 4:15 pm

hi musicgreator

bidule has no automatic latency compensation, but it lets you define its latency manually. therefor i configured its latency to fit a buffersize of 2048 samples in the nebula instances. when you change the latency of nebula in the xml, everything gets wrong ;) ...does the latencycompensation at 2048 samples work correct in your place?

yes, it would be monsterlike, if you could have the gui's on one machine and the nebulas on another!! i can't try anything within the next two weeks, as i'm in hollydays during this time. but i'd try this for once: loading bidule on your server machine with my mlq preset and transfer the gui with fxteleport to your daw's machine. the audio may be sent through wormhole from your daw to bidule.

btw. the mlq preset is editable. you can press control and doubleclick the objects within bidule to get access to it's inner live ;) ..when making a virtual console, it definitely would make sense to sum before the masterbus nebula.

best pascal
brp
User Level IX
User Level IX

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula