Login

making hardwarelike Nebula Racks

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: making hardwarelike Nebula Racks

Postby brp » Sun May 20, 2012 8:53 pm

hi ngarjuna

as i sad, i thought a lot about it before i made this post and it was really hard to decide. but maybe you are right and i was wrong about this subject. i'll edit this post to get rid of this discussion. that's really not what i wanted to start off!!
brp
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby babiuk » Sun May 20, 2012 8:54 pm

brp wrote:it actually IS amazing!! maybe i'll build another gui for alexb's pultec also for free, cause it's so simple and allmost everyone has this library ;)

Thanks in advance! :D
As Brian Wilson used to say: Wouldn't it be nice...
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby babiuk » Sun May 20, 2012 8:57 pm

And let's keep cool this topic ;)
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby brp » Sun May 20, 2012 9:36 pm

btw. if you just want to demo how it would look and behave, without having the specified libraries installed, you can copy the gui.dll file to your vst directory and load it as an vst effect into your daw.
brp
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby babiuk » Mon May 21, 2012 12:04 am

thanks!
I´ll try tomorrow
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby faun2500 » Tue May 22, 2012 10:31 am

I'm very interested in this as I only use the MLC and use the MLEQ a lot as well.

But there is a serious amount of mucking about here! Nebula is complicated enough for me but when you have a VST I can buy and then install simply, let me know! :P
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby brp » Tue May 22, 2012 10:39 pm

hi faun2500

glad to hear you are interested in my development! the installation with bidule indeed takes a few things to setup. but i'm afraid to say if i'd provide a single vst, the most things would remain to setup. and it's not sure yet, that i'll ever be able to provide a single vst!

but it's no rocketscience to get this working. in fact, someone like you would be perfect for me to work with for a step by step installation, as i'm able in such a situation to detect missunderstandings or unsufficencies in my installationguide. i hope to encourage you to take this chance, we both would profit a lot, i promise ;)

best pascal
brp
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby futur2 » Wed May 23, 2012 9:58 am

brp wrote:it actually IS amazing!! maybe i'll build another gui for alexb's pultec also for free, cause it's so simple and allmost everyone has this library ;)

would be great, in that case i think i'd try it for sure...
futur2

Postby musicgreator » Wed May 23, 2012 12:27 pm

It works here! When you press "Line", it enables the preamp right? Which program is it?
How do you optimize the input gain for each included nebula? Does MLC Unit automatically compensate the input gain for eq boosts/cuts? Is it possible to completely disable certain eq bands etc. so only needed bands use the cpu? Maybe you could incorporate some 3rd party plugin or whatever which automatically measures and compensates for latencies. Or are those fixed values? Those plugins measure the latency by using a test signal. Btw. i prefer a dsp buffer of 8192 due to cpu load, the latency gets huge though.
musicgreator
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby brp » Wed May 23, 2012 11:51 pm

hi musicgreator

it's a big pleasure for me to hear it works in your place! your ideas about switching off the unused instances is impossible in bidule, but if i'll once get a integrated vst solution working, i'll try to integrate a sort of a freeze button, which will disable all unused instances. of course the latency is big, because it summs up all the lattencies from the serial connected instances. i also had to increase the buffersize, to optimize cpu usage. as i suggested earlier, the mix procedure would be adjusting a channel, then freeze or render it, adjusting the second channel, freeze or render it and so on... like you had a single hardware channel in your studio ;) ...i get way better results when working like this, instead when i work in the classical sense of loading a nebula, adjust it, loading second nebula, adjust it... and after the second channel i had to render or freeze anyway(please intel, make faster cpu's)!!!

by pressing the line button you just bypass the volume knobe, there is no nebula involved. but the button above the in button will bypass the input as well as the output stage. the input stage is the mlc line1 program and the output stage is the masterbus clean program both with all kernels enabled. i compensated all gain's inside for optimum sound. you can use the plugin like a digital one, you dont have to compensate anything. it should act like hardware, the more you drive, the more color you get. just play around and get a feel for it ;)

best pascal
brp
User Level IX
User Level IX

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula