Re: making hardwarelike Nebula Racks

Postby babiuk » Mon May 14, 2012 9:33 pm

anyone tried it?
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby brp » Tue May 15, 2012 11:47 am

i forgot to mention, eventually you need to go to your nebula temprepository folder and copy the init.n2p from programs to nebula_bidule/programs and replace the existing init.n2p file.

enjoy it! 8-)
brp
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby brp » Wed May 16, 2012 6:08 am

I had been asked, if there is a way to try this out as a vst plugin without paying first the 95$ for bidule. i know, spending 95$ for somethong not knowing if it'll work for you is a bit crazy...

(EDITED)

but if it work for you with the demo-version, it will most probably work as a vstplugin with the full version. i'll try to get rid of bidule, but don't expect me to be successful. i'm not a professional developer, but a very passionate nebula user. all what i do here, i do mainly for myself. it would be just a kind of cost reduction if i sell my products to other nebula users.

best pascal
Last edited by brp on Sun May 20, 2012 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brp
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby musicgreator » Wed May 16, 2012 1:58 pm

i will try it asap.
musicgreator
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby marcpl » Sat May 19, 2012 5:15 pm

brp wrote:i'm not a supporter of cracked software. but you will find the bidule v0.9721 on filestube.com. in this case, i think using this crack for evaluating is legitime as long as you're going to bay bidule afterwards

you're an aspiring developer who's telling people to steal someone else's sw? you're even telling people where they can steal it? that seems kind of crazy and it does seem that you're 'a supporter of cracked software'.
marcpl
User Level X
User Level X

Postby babiuk » Sat May 19, 2012 7:19 pm

Could you post any pics of the "invention" at work?
I´m just awaiting for any feedback or experience from people who is able to try it, owning Alex's libs and bidule. I think if it´s useful for some of you it maybe will be implementes for any other libraries.

By the way, we all know that brp is not trying to support craking... Please, let´s not be so negative and let´s not try to mess the matter, this forum is not a pirate bay or something similar so we may have confidence on ourselves. He is not telling us to steal, he is trying to develop what may be a very useful tool and the proccess seem to be hard to get so he's just telling about demoing it in this "freak" way and buying if it finally get working. He even told us in a previous post that the future plan is getting ride of bidule but he would use it on this first step trying to get the right direction to work in.

Anyway good vibes for everyone! ;)
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby brp » Sun May 20, 2012 1:05 am

hi marclp

i'm certainly not a supporter of stealing software. it was really not easy for me to made this post, i thought a lot about it before i posted it. i ended up with the conclusion, that most people here wouldn't know about bidule anyway and if therefor anyone would bay it at the end, then the only thing which possibly could happen, is an encreased sale of bidule. and a second thougt was that i feel here alround nebula people really are honest customers which are not going to steal software usually. your post really underlines my feelings in this regard. thank you for your honest post!

@babiuk
you sad you're more about using vintage gear than modern stuff. for cpu and other reasons i built the eq with all the bands having only one kernel and for the colour i inserted a preamp from the console before the bands and the 2bus program from the console after the bands. so if you dont like the color, you can edit the bidule setup by just loading programs of your favourit console, or unload these stages at all! the eq programs have only 3 kernel anyway. but if you dont have this eq yet, i strongly recommend to bay it, no matter which decades colour you're after. it's simply one of the most versatile eq in the nebula land. it has +-20db for each band and stepless freq as well as stepless q and this in best alexb quality!! those are the reasons why i decided to take this unit. this unit really can do sound design, a 20db boost still sound beautiful with this eq, not like a digital one. it's so to speak the shapes and the dynamic behavour what this unit is about rather than harmonic distortion. and it's certainly a mix tool and not ment for mastering.

let me know if you decide to get this eq from alexb to get this unit working. i'll explain then where to change the input and the outputstage within bidule. but anyway, the button above the "IN" button on the gui will bypass the input and output stage. the "IN" button itself will bypass the eq, but not the coloration. that means, if you just have the eq and not the console, the unit would work perfectly just by switching off this button for the case you don't like to make changes within the bidule setup.

i hope this helps

best
pascal
brp
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby babiuk » Sun May 20, 2012 7:06 pm

Thanks for advices, brp.

I´m not disliking MLQ and MLC, they must be excellent eqs as Alex uses to do (I own some libs from him). The thing is that I have a lot of eqs' libraries and getting another one is not nowdays in my top five, I´m trying to build a good workflow and being able to do my musical tasks in a easy and fast way, just thinking in music.
So a tool like the one you are building would be so useful to me cos it would let me re-create the sampled gear in a single GUI (something like a Pultec or a console) in order to control it from a hardware controller (I have one Korg nano).

Recently I tried to do it just loading a sampled gear (Eric´s Langevin console) into several nebula instances and assigning the parameters to Korg's unit. The result is good but the wrong side is that you don´t have all at a glance, you must have all nebulas instances at the screen if you want to see what you are changing (of course, apart from listening which is the main thing). Having all the choosen parameters in a single GUI must be amazing.
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby brp » Sun May 20, 2012 7:21 pm

it actually IS amazing!! maybe i'll build another gui for alexb's pultec also for free, cause it's so simple and allmost everyone has this library ;)
brp
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby ngarjuna » Sun May 20, 2012 7:41 pm

No longer relevant, thanks brp.
Last edited by ngarjuna on Sun May 20, 2012 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula