Login

Nebula Reverb - time for a name change?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Nebula Reverb - time for a name change?

Postby lordnielson » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:37 pm

giancarlo wrote:We could change names easily now, but there would be an incredible amount of confusion because many guys couldn't load old projects any more without renaming manually DLL, VST and COMPONENTs.

Unless you make a new version and leave the old "reverb" as well.
They could be the same plugin with different names. Start using the new plugin on new projects.

Let's hear everyone say "smooooth transition" ok !? 8-)
lordnielson

Postby highvoltage » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:07 pm

lordnielson wrote:
giancarlo wrote:We could change names easily now, but there would be an incredible amount of confusion because many guys couldn't load old projects any more without renaming manually DLL, VST and COMPONENTs.

Unless you make a new version and leave the old "reverb" as well.
They could be the same plugin with different names. Start using the new plugin on new projects.

Let's hear everyone say "smooooth transition" ok !? 8-)

+1
highvoltage

Postby Mplay » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:49 pm

I'm fully customized, so +1
Mplay

Postby edbilleaud » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:34 pm

I can live with the name issue, odd though it may be. What I would really appreciate however would be if ALL the proper settings were loaded with each preset. It is VERY confusing, frustrating, and non-intuitive to have to go into, for example, the mast page and start fishing around with the settings to accommodate different program requirements. Then one has to waste much time and energy trying to determine if the changes sound better or worse, and there is always the uncertainty that the optimal changes were not made. Of course, i am no computer genius, perhaps this is second-nature for some folks, but there must also be many others like me who just want to be able to focus on selecting the best program for the task at hand, without having to experiment with re-programming the programs. My 2c, no disrespect intended, IMHO despite its quirks, Nebula is still a revolution in digital sound. Just wish it was a bit more user-friendly.
edbilleaud
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby giancarlo » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:43 pm

but why are you tuning? I never tune a preset, I just use it. They are already tuned, parameters are for geeks. Change MODE in MAST page to SIMPLE, that's all
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby edbilleaud » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:01 am

giancarlo wrote:but why are you tuning? I never tune a preset, I just use it. They are already tuned, parameters are for geeks. Change MODE in MAST page to SIMPLE, that's all

Thank you G. I thought I was supposed to change things in there to optimize performance with some programs? Like increasing the "rate CNV" number for example. Do I not have to do this? Will "Simple" mode sound just as good? If so, then I apologize for my ignorance and my complaint, and I will happily use it, as long as the sound is as good as possible. The best sound is my priority. Many thanks.
edbilleaud
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby giancarlo » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:36 pm

programs are already optimized! it's a compromise, obviously. But I don't suggest to tune things, it's a nonsense. Those parameters are there for particular tasks: for example you discover you need something particular for all your projects so you change something once, you save it, and you have it.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby futur2 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:15 pm

giancarlo wrote:programs are already optimized! it's a compromise, obviously. But I don't suggest to tune things, it's a nonsense. Those parameters are there for particular tasks: for example you discover you need something particular for all your projects so you change something once, you save it, and you have it.

edbilleaud is right as far as things like RATE CNV or L FREQD should be in the default settings with (high!) values that make it possible to run every preset correctly. (i'm not running the very latest pro version, but i guess these settings haven't changed). yeah i know there's a FAQ and stuff but why make it more difficult for new users than necessary?
Last edited by futur2 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
futur2

Postby futur2 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:16 pm

stupid doublet
Last edited by futur2 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
futur2

Postby zabukowski » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:25 pm

Maybe program for simple creating custom named Nebula plugin with custom program list would be the step in the right direction ?

http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula